A couple of basic questions

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr A couple of basic questions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Drawmer
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 0
      • Total: 1

Heya,

I’ve just started with CTRLR and I’m having some trouble with a couple of basic things.

First, I can’t get MIDI to output, unless Thru is ticked. I’ve got my MIDI In and MIDI Out devices assigned properly, and they’re transmitting, since I can verify with Thru, but I don’t know why there’s no transmission when Thru is unticked. What could I be missing?

Second, is there a way to take an incoming CC (I’ve successfully made faders/knobs move on a panel) and output a Sysex message or range? Some of the parms on my device don’t have a direct CC, so I need to have my controller send a CC and CTRLR spit out a Sysex to the device, preferably one with XX for the value so I can sweep the range and not just send one Sysex value.

Thanks in advance!

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

1) can you tell me what OS are you on and are you using Standalone or VST/AU version of Ctrlr,

2) You can, you can use LUA but you don’t have two, you can create 2 modulator, one with the CC number and range you are receiving and one with the SysEx formula, then link the CC modulator to the SysEx modulator, when the CC is received and the modulator changes it will change the SysEx modulator and that one will send the SysEx with the value in XX.

toni
        Participant
          • Topics: 3
          • Replies: 5
          • Total: 8

About CC to SysEx Transformation.
          How can i do it with LUA, can i read somewhere about it?
          Could it be hard implemented in Ctrlr?
          I believe it’s very important, that is what i need it for, to control old synth with my MIDI Keyboard knobs an sliders, and without VST Automation
          (i couldn’t make it work stable).
          And Midi Learn function for it would be great too.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
        There is currently 0 users and 93 guests online
        No users are currently active
        Forum Statistics
        Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
        Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
        Ctrlr