a killer feature :)

Home Forums General News and releases a killer feature :)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    atom
    Keymaster
      • Topics: 159
      • Replies: 2945
      • Total: 3104
      • ★★★★★

Witch labels are small can you upload a screenshot ?

atom
      Keymaster
        • ★★★★★

I also wonder how to have multiple copies of Ctrlr in the AU folder at the same time, the latest nightly has some updates on the AU front so you can try that if you haven’t already.

Cramp
        Participant
          • Topics: 11
          • Replies: 66
          • Total: 77

As for me I have one copy of CtrlR plugin – all previous versions I have deleted manually.
          Here is a picture of the automation in Logic 9. Nothing changed in automation names – they are still "undefined" but I can use them.
          [img:ll57kde7]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4202790/logic9mac10.7.4-automation.png[/img:ll57kde7]

Probably the number of the Automation controlls predefined in CtrlR properties as "Max exported VST params" because is set to 64 by default. I have to check that theory.
          I wish the names of modulators (controls whatever) could be named somehow and visible in Logic. Probably that is why I cannot see automation in Ableton cause they are undefined. Who knows )

p.s. firstly I was thinking that "undefined" releated to "Visible Name" parameter of the Component. "Name [unique]" parameter is also named according to the purpose of knob, slider, led and etc. Also I checked MIDI parametrs – they are right according to CC table of the device. VST index doesn’t match the MIDI CC… is that ok? or I have to modify VST Index parameter for every controller as MIDI CC?

Cramp
          Participant

the other thing is that I have downloaded several times the same CtrlR package from Downloads section.
            The version shown in both editor and AU are similar but downloads section shows the different version for CtrlR nightly – 1047
            I’m not sure if it does make sense
            [img:ba3ii6hq]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4202790/ctrlr-version.png[/img:ba3ii6hq]

Another things is that now if I export standalone or compressed binary with resources to disk it takes approx 5-10 minutes under mac.
            will check on windows today as well.

p.s. will be the export as AU plugin option in CtrlR editor?

atom
            Keymaster
              • ★★★★★

Don’t worry about the version difference it’s a SVN thing, it’s ok it always will be one smaller.

The Unknown paramters are weird they should be named, and not the Visible Name but the Modulator Name is used, could someone enlighten mi on how to add a AU instrument in Logic, i’ll be able to debug it then, i don’t know Logic at all so i can’t help really. Please write in points on how to add a AU as an instrument in Logic.

Cramp
              Participant

first,
                you have to copy your CtrlR AU.component to Library/Audio/Plugins/Components
                Start Logic
                Then start new project and create Software Instrument
                As you can see from screenshot above click on field above StereoOut and Find instrument as CtrlR. It shown under the venoder name like Integrator ..dunno remember now..will check at home.
                To see the automation lines press A on your keyboard.

Cramp
                Participant
                  "atom":28b5jrxr wrote:
                  Don’t worry about the version difference it’s a SVN thing, it’s ok it always will be one smaller.

The Unknown paramters are weird they should be named, and not the Visible Name but the Modulator Name is used, could someone enlighten mi on how to add a AU instrument in Logic, i’ll be able to debug it then, i don’t know Logic at all so i can’t help really. Please write in points on how to add a AU as an instrument in Logic.[/quote:28b5jrxr]

there is no problem.

1. well first start Logic. I’m using version 9.1.7 and my Mac OS is Lion 10.7.4

2. Then go to File – New..
                  On first pic click Empty Project
                  [img:28b5jrxr]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4202790/logic-tut/logic09-screen01.png[/img:28b5jrxr]

3. Then as you started new project it will ask you to create at least one instrument, audio or whatever. Select Software Instrument
                  [img:28b5jrxr]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4202790/logic-tut/logic09-screen02.png[/img:28b5jrxr]

4. The go to channel mixer of the Software Instrument (left hand on the screen [b:28b5jrxr]Inst1[/b:28b5jrxr]) and click once on field above the StereoOut
                  [img:28b5jrxr]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4202790/logic-tut/logic09-screen03.png[/img:28b5jrxr]

5. Once you click on the field in point 4 then you have to select the CtrlR. See the path from the screen below
                  [img:28b5jrxr]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4202790/logic-tut/logic09-screen04.png[/img:28b5jrxr]

6. Ok, CtrlR will open. Now you may open your or any panel you want
                  [img:28b5jrxr]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4202790/logic-tut/logic09-screen05.png[/img:28b5jrxr]

7. To display the Automation lines press A on your keyboard and then you will be able to see Automation parameters of your instrument including the default (Main) and CtrlR as well. See picture below
                  [img:28b5jrxr]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4202790/logic-tut/logic09-screen06.png[/img:28b5jrxr]

Hope that helps mate.
                  Cheers, Ilnaz

atom
                  Keymaster
                    • ★★★★★

Allright i ,now how to open Ctrlr, and undefined parameters are OK in that case since Logic can’t update parameter names. But once you start Ctrlr as AU, open your Nord panel, export is as a standalone instance and open that instance, do you still get undefined names in that instance ?

Also i was able to load your Nord panel on windows export it as a instance and start it, no resources were missing and it works ok. I’ll check the AU stuff asap i just need to download a "demo" version of Logic.

Cramp
                    Participant
                      "atom":2jp83obj wrote:
                      But once you start Ctrlr as AU, open your Nord panel, export is as a standalone instance and open that instance, do you still get undefined names in that instance ?
                      [/quote:2jp83obj]
                      you mean to do an export within Logic?
                      Let my try!
                      Cramp
                      Participant
                        "atom":1ufbv0nv wrote:
                        Allright i ,now how to open Ctrlr, and undefined parameters are OK in that case since Logic can’t update parameter names. But once you start Ctrlr as AU, open your Nord panel, export is as a standalone instance and open that instance, do you still get undefined names in that instance ?

Also i was able to load your Nord panel on windows export it as a instance and start it, no resources were missing and it works ok. I’ll check the AU stuff asap i just need to download a "demo" version of Logic.[/quote:1ufbv0nv]

Man, that works!

But, was searching for component a while.
                        ok. I did export within Logic started CtrlR as AU (opened my panel) and did export as standalone instance on my mac desktop.
                        It took about 10 minutes to export.

I found that file with extension as "component" as AU
                        [img:1ufbv0nv]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4202790/logic-tut/nl3comp.png[/img:1ufbv0nv]
                        Opened [b:1ufbv0nv]System HD – Library – Audio – Plug-Ins – Components [/b:1ufbv0nv] – deleted previous CtrlR component file from your package. Put created for Nord Lead 3.

Started Logic
                        Cannot find it. I was confused…then realized that this AU is still there
                        [img:1ufbv0nv]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4202790/logic-tut/au/CtrRAU.png[/img:1ufbv0nv] hmmmm…but I deleted it..
                        And started..then….tada

it works man
                        [img:1ufbv0nv]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4202790/logic-tut/au/logic-nl3.png[/img:1ufbv0nv]

As you can see automation values are equal to names I put for modulators (components)
                        Also I tried to record MIDI and did manual Automation – it works
                        [img:1ufbv0nv]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4202790/logic-tut/au/logic-nl3-2.png[/img:1ufbv0nv]

this is great man

The only thing I would remove is "Edit Mode" and the posibility to rename Ctrl-R or do it as for exmple CtrlR + Panel name

your thoughts?

Started Logc – didn;t find it. The th

atom
                        Keymaster
                          • ★★★★★

I’m trying to find a way to rename the exported instances to the panel names but the AU subsystem is more complicated then VST, it might take me a moment to figure this out

Cramp
                          Participant
                            "atom":sxreimb1 wrote:
                            I’m trying to find a way to rename the exported instances to the panel names but the AU subsystem is more complicated then VST, it might take me a moment to figure this out[/quote:sxreimb1]
                            mmm

i tried to check how it looks in Ableton

the thing is – it is looks like I want
                            [img:sxreimb1]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4202790/logic-tut/ableton-au.png[/img:sxreimb1]

and automation appears if I turn knob on panel or on synth itself – and Ableton shows only one parameter which I touched
                            [img:sxreimb1]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4202790/logic-tut/ableton-au-2.png[/img:sxreimb1]

Cramp
                            Participant
                              "atom":3ttc9k7f wrote:
                              I’m trying to find a way to rename the exported instances to the panel names but the AU subsystem is more complicated then VST, it might take me a moment to figure this out[/quote:3ttc9k7f]
                              you are doing really great job man
                              atom
                              Keymaster
                                • ★★★★★

Logic is a different animal, it has some sort of AU cache file in Library/Cache/com.apple.audiounit.cache that needs to be delete and Logic restarted for changes to take effect at all (i discovered it now). I don’t know what else i can do with AU, the names reported by the hosts are in the Resource files (.rsrc) file that is changed when exported i asked in the JUCE forum i’ll see what others have to say about this.

Cramp
                                Participant
                                  "atom":1fyah3yo wrote:
                                  Logic is a different animal, it has some sort of AU cache file in Library/Cache/com.apple.audiounit.cache that needs to be delete and Logic restarted for changes to take effect at all (i discovered it now). I don’t know what else i can do with AU, the names reported by the hosts are in the Resource files (.rsrc) file that is changed when exported i asked in the JUCE forum i’ll see what others have to say about this.[/quote:1fyah3yo]

thanks mate.
                                  I will now continue working on panel. #excited

p.s. Edit mode – could you disable that option in Generel menu when you export AU as standalone instance?

atom
                                  Keymaster
                                    • ★★★★★

Sure i’ll do that.

Cramp
                                    Participant
                                      "atom":1pdf5qg2 wrote:
                                      Sure i’ll do that.[/quote:1pdf5qg2]
                                      thanks mate
                                      Cramp
                                      Participant

hi,
                                        I wanted to say that I faced to one issue.
                                        I wanted to re-create the AU component within DAW using CtrlR AU plugin. But NL3 plugin as AU was loaded everytime when I started Logic or Ableton even if I deleted Ctrlr-AU.component from /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components and Nord Lead 3.component.
                                        I founf the way where systems stores original one
                                        /Library/Components – delete compiled AU of your panel from there and copy new CtrlR-AU.component to /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components
                                        And then it will work again.

Ok,
                                        /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components – stores components of all AU plugins
                                        /Library/Components – stores AU pluging you created using CtrlR as exported as Standalone instance from your DAW

Hope that helps

Cramp
                                        Participant
                                          "atom":cln4l7lo wrote:

The Unknown paramters are weird they should be named, and not the Visible Name but the Modulator Name is used, could someone enlighten mi on how to add a AU instrument in Logic, i’ll be able to debug it then, i don’t know Logic at all so i can’t help really. Please write in points on how to add a AU as an instrument in Logic.[/quote:cln4l7lo]

Just spoke to friend of mine who is using Cubase on Mac. He said that Cubase uses VST instead of AU. As far as I know CtrlR from DAW on Mac exports only AU and on Windows only "dll" file. Is there any plans to do export VST for Cubase users?

atom
                                          Keymaster
                                            • ★★★★★

If you open Ctrlr as a VST or in any other VST host (Live, Reaper) it will export a VST version. It always exports itself.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 55 total)
                                          • The forum ‘News and releases’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                                          There is currently 0 users and 88 guests online
                                          No users are currently active
                                          Forum Statistics
                                          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                                          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                                          Ctrlr