Akai S1000 Sampler

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros Akai S1000 Sampler

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jimjones
    Participant
      • Topics: 2
      • Replies: 2
      • Total: 4

Hey,

My trusty S1000 is getting old and could use a new screen, but I though it might be better to just find a way of controlling it from my computer instead.
      I’ve found the sysex implementation here http://lakai.sourceforge.net/docs/s1000_sysex.html and it appears you need to send an entire parameter dump when altering something, you can’t pinpoint a particular parameter. I installed SoundDiver and got it working with the S1000 and from monitoring the the midi output this appears to be how it works.
      It seems like it would be difficult to make this work in Ctrl, you would have to compose and send the entire message on the fly as parameters are changed and the only benefit over using SoundDiver would be being able to make a better interface
      Has anyone else tried doing this or have any ideas about an easy way to do it? I have no real coding experience so it would be a bit of a barrier for me.

jimjones
      Participant
        • Topics: 2
        • Replies: 2
        • Total: 4

I’ve found this thread about constructing a string to send to the device which I could use.
        Also here discussion about a panel for the S2000 which uses a similar sysex format. Some info about converting the modulator values into nibblized bytes for the akai. I’ll see if I can piece it together.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
      There is currently 0 users and 76 guests online
      No users are currently active
      Forum Statistics
      Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
      Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
      Ctrlr