Bridge between ctrlr state to fxp and fxb.

Home Forums General Programming Bridge between ctrlr state to fxp and fxb.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    zeoka
    Participant
      • Topics: 73
      • Replies: 466
      • Total: 539
      • ★★★

Hi

What are the ways to save ctrlr states , open them  and even switch them with the host without  it open a second panel in Ctrlr?

Is there a fxb,fxp preset manager in Ctrlr ? Must i do it myself ?

I’ve seen program change,msb,lsb in the panel property , called after panel load and after program change but i’m lost for now.

Other thing : would like to use snapshots(after load or p.change) to send to the synth but only with specific modulators that can send dumps messages (send snapshots of all my modulators is not a good way).  Problem : my buttons do not use midi but lua

so they don’t send anything ! except if i set a  midi message  , the snapshot send the two messages.

What direction i must take ?

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

FXB and FXP has nothing to do with the actual plugin, the data saved there is what Ctrlr tells the Host to save every time you save your project, so the Host should handle this.

Snapshots can only send MIDI data they are aware of, if you are doing MIDI through LUA you should implement a Snapshot method yourself and trigger the snapshot yourself

zeoka
        Participant
          • ★★★

Hi Atom

“Snapshots can only send MIDI data they are aware of, if you are doing MIDI through LUA you should implement a Snapshot method yourself and trigger the snapshot yourself”

I will try directly by ‘called after load and program change ‘

“FXB and FXP has nothing to do with the actual plugin, the data saved there is what Ctrlr tells the Host to save every time you save your project(Ctrlr or host?), so the Host should handle this”

When i save current or new program in Ctrlr , where are stored the data ? How i call them ?

It seems vst protocol has midi msb,lsb,pc . That’s the way  the host recall the plugin preset ?

The panel sends only Edit buffer data so i don’t need pc,msb,lsb and they are sent to the synth

when i change them in Ctrlr so i’m  asking  if what i want is conventional

I want to send into edit buffers even with programs from memory synth i would store in Ctrlr because my programs in my synth is not necessarily the sames for all(several factory banks and/or user sounds guys have done). There is only 1 bank of 50 programs  in the synth .

I need some cogitation but any help is welcome

atom
          Keymaster
            • Topics: 159
            • Replies: 2945
            • Total: 3104
            • ★★★★★

It seems vst protocol has midi msb,lsb,pc . That’s the way  the host recall the plugin preset ?

This has noting to do with VST, theese settings are used for MIDI BANK change messages.

When i save current or new program in Ctrlr , where are stored the data ? How i call them ?

If you use that using the internal Ctrlr program manager it won’t work, since it’s not finished, if you save your file in your DAW where Ctrlr is loaded as a plugin the state of Ctrlr is saved inside the file your DAW saves, and it’s stored in your DAW’s native format.

zeoka
            Participant
              • ★★★

Thx Atom for the reply

I start to understand what you mean : you are building the program management then presets and their names  will be available in the Vst host .

I will be very aware at this .

Question : the program manager will be linked to the msb,lsb,program change of the panel properties ? Or it is only for the host ?

For my panel i really don’t need to send these messages to the midi device but Edit dumps

only.

Ctrlr is  a beast !

zeoka
              Participant
                • ★★★

“if you are doing MIDI through LUA you should implement a Snapshot method yourself and trigger the snapshot yourself”

The snapshot function you have implemented is nice and has a delay feature already implemented that i can’t build.

it could be simple and perfect for send several dumps  …

I saw in “list of frequently used commands” : print in the console (utility ??) and write variables to string…

May be i can modify dynamically the sysex of a modulator in LUA ? i just type F0 F7 in the sys ex editor and use buttons&snapshot feature to send dumps ?

I would have access to midi properties of modulators and set them in LUA ,this can solve other problems too

Please could you give the the formula type to set properties like midiMessageType or midiMessageSysExFormula in LUA ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • The forum ‘Programming’ is closed to new topics and replies.
              There is currently 0 users and 106 guests online
              No users are currently active
              Forum Statistics
              Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
              Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
              Ctrlr