Bubble property?

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr Bubble property?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    SWB
    Participant
      • Topics: 35
      • Replies: 157
      • Total: 192
      • ★★

I searched this forum, but couldn’t find any reference to the ‘Bubble’ property. What is it supposed to do (apart from being often the cause of an economic crisis ;-))?

msepsis
      Participant
        • Topics: 219
        • Replies: 732
        • Total: 951
        • ★★★

These parameters are for the “bubble” that appears when you control click a modulator.

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

SWB
        Participant
          • ★★

I’m trying to work with the ‘bubble’ properties, but none of the settings seems to have any effect on the appearance of the bubble. Am I overlooking something? (Mac Ctrltr Nightly version 5.1.2. build 1254)

dasfaker
          Keymaster
            • Topics: 80
            • Replies: 793
            • Total: 873
            • ★★★

There are now TWO bubbles. One when dragging a slider showing the modulator’s value, and another bubble when you Ctrlr +Click on a modulator. This is the one that have appearance properties.

SWB
            Participant
              • ★★

I’m still confused. I downloaded the latest versions (nightly) for Mac and Windows. Both have now the extended properties for bubbles. I adjusted these (e.g. back ground colors) and ctrl click on a modulator, but on both platforms NO change of the ‘bubble’. (See attached screen print.) Anyway, I think it would have been more logical to have all these bubble properties for the ‘dragging bubble’ than for the ‘ctrl click bubble’. BTW right clicking has also the effect of showing the ‘short cut menu’ bubble.

Attachments:
              You must be logged in to view attached files.
              dasfaker
              Keymaster
                • Topics: 80
                • Replies: 793
                • Total: 873
                • ★★★

Anyway, I think it would have been more logical to have all these bubble properties for the ‘dragging bubble’ than for the ‘ctrl click bubble’.

I agree with you about this.

I adjusted these (e.g. back ground colors) and ctrl click on a modulator, but on both platforms NO change of the ‘bubble’.

Not here (win xp). I can see the changes I make in the bubbles properties.

SWB
                Participant
                  • ★★

I’m on Win 7 (and Mac 10.7.5). I have changed the properties (see attached screenprint), but still no change in appearance. Still the same black text on a white background… (Don’t know about Win Xp. It is also running on my computer. If needed I can test this issue on XP, but maybe its better if ‘atom’ steps in, may save time ;-).

Attachments:
                  atom
                  Keymaster
                    • Topics: 159
                    • Replies: 2945
                    • Total: 3104
                    • ★★★★★

I wrote about this, the “dragging bubble” can’t be changed that easily. It does not take properties from the component it’s attached to it, it takes properties from the global PANEL, so i can add a property like that but it would affect all bubbles and “tooltip messages”, i can do that but the settings will affect more then you might expect.

SWB
                    Participant
                      • ★★

I wrote about this, the “dragging bubble” can’t be changed that easily. …

Understandable and no problem, but the fact that the ‘other bubble’ doesn’t change it’s appearance when changing the properties might be a minor bug. Again, no problem and it doesn’t restrict me from further development of my panels.

atom
                      Keymaster
                        • Topics: 159
                        • Replies: 2945
                        • Total: 3104
                        • ★★★★★

Works for me

Attachments:
                        SWB
                        Participant
                          • ★★

Sorry, not working here. Maybe the cause is VMWare Fusion…, but OTOH it doesn’t work on a Mac also. I will try (later) on a Windows laptop. (Maybe I’m missing some setting, but looking at your jpg it doesn’t differ from mine.) But again, don’t waist too much time on this, I’m still fine 😉

daimondamps
                          Participant
                            • Topics: 8
                            • Replies: 80
                            • Total: 88

Was this function removed?

goodweather
                            Participant
                              • Topics: 45
                              • Replies: 550
                              • Total: 595
                              • ★★★

Good question and most probably.
                              Never seen this and I’m using Ctrlr since some time but for sure not in 2013.

You still have “Display popup bubble when dragging” which displays a creamy bubble showing the actual modulator value when you modify it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                            There is currently 0 users and 110 guests online
                            No users are currently active
                            Forum Statistics
                            Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                            Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                            Ctrlr