bug moving groups into a tab

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr bug moving groups into a tab

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #740
    mb47
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 8
    • Total: 15

    hi all,

    I am creating a panel for the KAWAI XD-5. I have most modulators arranged inside groups.
    Now I’d like to have those group inside one tab, so I created the tab and moved all those groups inside one tab.
    I noticed that when you move some modulator inside a "container" modulator (i.e. group or tab) the position) the modulator gets shifted by an additional offset, there seems to some issue, when CTRLR computes the new coordinates.

    However I am having also another major problem.
    After having moved all those groups inside the tab, they all looked properly in place and properly inside the tab.
    But when I saved and re-opened the panel, I found that all modulators were outside the tab, and even outside the groups.
    The panel is now completely messed up:

    [attachment=0:33an5fer]BugMovingGroupsIntoTabs.png[/attachment:33an5fer]

    I am going to start over again, creating the tab and moving the groups inside it. Maybe I will just be more lucky next time, but if you have other suggestions to do this task (creating a tab "all around" pre-existing modulators), I’d be happy to hear.

    BTW, I also noticed that moving a selection of modulators (those mentioned groups) all together (using the shift button), causes most to just disappear!

    Cheers,
    Marco

    P.S.: I’m using CTRLR revision 1089 on a snow leopard iMac.

    #4874
    mb47
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 8
    • Total: 15

    …so I tried again….

    I created the tabs, moved the groups into it and saved the panel.
    When I reopened it, all was in place and working fine.
    So, I proceeded editing the panel, like changing some colors and adding a function (to change the currently selected tab, upon MIDI message of a certain patch/program received).

    However after several editings and savings of the the panel, the problem showed up again, and the panel is messed up again:
    [attachment=0:17uqj9r4]BugMovingGroupsIntoTabs2.png[/attachment:17uqj9r4]
    The function I use to change the tab is:
    [code:17uqj9r4]function selectTab(tabname)
    if tabname == "single" then
    panel:getModulatorByName("TABS"):getComponent():setPropertyString("uiTabsCurrentTab", "0")
    elseif tabname == "kit" then
    panel:getModulatorByName("TABS"):getComponent():setPropertyString("uiTabsCurrentTab", "1")
    elseif tabname == "kit" then
    panel:getModulatorByName("TABS"):getComponent():setPropertyString("uiTabsCurrentTab", "2")
    end[/code:17uqj9r4]
    I doubt that this is the cause of the problem since this was happening also before creating that function, but who knows?

    The XD-5 has certain patch programs (0 to 63) which are called "single", and others (64-127 IIRC) which are called "kit".
    Since "Singles" and "Kits" require different sets of modulators, and they hardly would fit in a panel, being able to use tabs here would really help here.
    However i am kind of stuck, because the panel can just get completely messed after some editing/saving.

    Helps or hints are appreciated.

    Best ,
    Marco

    #4875
    atom
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 159
    • Replies: 2945
    • Total: 3104
    • ★★★★★

    If you can share the panel or send it to me i can try to debug and see what’s going on. I need to re-create what’s happening to be able to fix it.

    #4876
    mb47
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 8
    • Total: 15

    Hi,

    I think I just found out where the problem is.
    I just realized that the problem showed when I renamed the tab modulator.

    Apparently (?) its children refer to it by its name, so when rename it the children modulators can’t find it and are placed on the top panel, instead of inside the tab.
    So I guess I cannot rename the tab anymore. Not too bad, I will stay with it current name, so far.

    Same thing was happening with groups, when I rename one, its children loose the link to it.

    I can still share the panel if you want to replicate that: in case please just let me know.

    Best,
    Marco

    #4877
    atom
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 159
    • Replies: 2945
    • Total: 3104
    • ★★★★★

    No if you rename the groupping component the children will lose their parent, since the link is done via the name, that’s something i’m aware of.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
There is currently 0 users and 23 guests online
No users are currently active
Forum Statistics
Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
Ctrlr