ctrlr 475 – all custom modulators in panel are cropped

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr ctrlr 475 – all custom modulators in panel are cropped

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    msepsis
    Participant
      • Topics: 219
      • Replies: 732
      • Total: 951
      • ★★★

I just updated to ctrlr 475, shift+R on first open, loaded my bpanelz file which I’ve been working on and… oh boy. what a mess.

all of my uiImageKnobs and uiImageButtons are visually screwed up.. scaled up by about 50% and cropped off by the boundries of the knob or button…

I’ll send a screenshot if necessary.

If I create a new uiImageButton and load one of my source pngs the new knob/button looks fine.. haven’t tried loading a new uiImageSlider yet…
      I rolled back and am just sticking with 470 for now.

I’ve been renaming the "x64" folder by the version number just prior to updating to the most recent since theres been such constant daily development, so it’s easy to go back to an earlier rev if I run into issues with my panel during such heavy development w/ Ctrlr.

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

msepsis
      Participant
        • ★★★

Ok, so at least here, with the panel I’ve been working with, running the latest ctlr update 475 x64 on win7 x64….

uiImageButtons vanish when you turn off the value display "NoValue"

all of my buttons are gone from the xt panel I’ve been deving… I have the value visibiltity for all my buttons turned off.

uiImageButtons and uiImageSliders are indeed totally fubared, doesn’t matter if it’s a new panel created in 475 or if you’re opening an old panel.

I submitted a bug report for this, I dunno… maybe it’s just me experiencing this?

atom
        Keymaster
          • Topics: 159
          • Replies: 2945
          • Total: 3104
          • ★★★★★

the ImageButton and ImageSliders are new, there are additional 3 options you need to set, the "Image resource width/height" and the "Image resource paint mode"
          the resource image width and height are the dimensions of a single frame in the filmstrip, the paint mode is the way this one fram will be drawn in the designated rectangle.

Thanks to that you can now do vertical and horizontal sliders, and the ImageButton can have many images that will be cycled through.

minimalist
          Participant
            • Topics: 10
            • Replies: 141
            • Total: 151
            • ★★

Is it possible that the filmstrips of Image/FixedImageSliders aren’t "played" correctly? When I’m tweaking them all the time just picture 1 is displayed, changing the Slider’s settings doesn’t seem to work.

atom
            Keymaster
              • ★★★★★

have a look at the example panel i uploaded it’s best to deal with examples: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=573

minimalist
              Participant
                • ★★

OK, I found out that if I’m using vertical filmstrips (instead of horizontal) it’s working. Is that now the way it works or is the non-support of horizontal filmstrips a bug?

atom
                Keymaster
                  • ★★★★★

hmm i’m pretty sure all my filmstrips are vertical (up-down) stitched like knobman exports them. i didn’t do horizontal (left-to right stitching) if that’s needed, sure i can add that.

minimalist
                  Participant
                    • ★★

No, no – it’s absolutely not needed. Converting my images (from horizontal to vertical) is done quickly. I just was asking because in older v5 releases only horizontal fimstrips has been supported (if I remember correctly) – that’s why I exported them in knobman as horizontal. It was just a confusing thing.

atom
                    Keymaster
                      • ★★★★★

well before both may have worked cause there was a simple algorithm that was trying to be clever at determining how the image is stiched, i removed that part and the algorithm assumes vertical, but it’s a fair point to add horizontal too, i’ll do that at the next build.

msepsis
                      Participant
                        • ★★★

ok regarding uiSliders… what about buttons? how can one prevent buttons from vanishing when the value is set to off? Maybe you could test with the 1.97 beta for the xt controller I posted yesterday if you’re not seeing what I’m seeing…

buttons have:
                        Resource image width
                        Resource image height
                        Component Position and Size
                        Frame width
                        Frame height

I have all of the above set to the height / width of one frame of my 2 frame on/off button.
                        the graphic does not show at all.

If I turn on the value visibility and scale the corners of the button out I see the image, but I do not want value text.

msepsis
                        Participant
                          • ★★★

ok… quickly the workaround I found for this button issue is to keep the value set to value on left, set the "button text width rectangle" and "button text height rectangle to 0. . . still for sure setting the value to not visible also turns off visibility for the button.

atom
                          Keymaster
                            • ★★★★★

what is the value placement in the button (left, right, bottom, top, none) ?

msepsis
                            Participant
                              • ★★★

for any uiImageButtons – when the value display is set to "no value" the button disappears. all of my pre 475 panels had their value placement set to "no value" which did exactly that – display the button, but no value. now since 475 when I set the value display property to "no value" the button vanishes.

atom
                              Keymaster
                                • ★★★★★

allright i’ll look at that.

msepsis
                                Participant
                                  • ★★★

Ok buttons stay visible as of the 479 rev when you set the value to "NoValue".

I got the multistate buttons i always wanted (btw you must uncheck "button is a toggle button" for these to cycle through more than two values.

this is great! your responsiveness to suggestions and bug reports is astounding, atom. Thank you!

msepsis
                                  Participant
                                    • ★★★

One point to make regarding minimalist’s comments regarding a horizontally vs vertically stacked slider – it’s a lot easier to preview sliders/wheels desinged within knobman that are horizontally stitched. I agree it’s not -necessary- for ctrlr to accept horizontally stiched wheels/sliders but it wouldn’t hurt… still not very hard to change how sliders are output out of knobman, so we’ll live either way

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
                                  • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                                  There is currently 0 users and 100 guests online
                                  No users are currently active
                                  Forum Statistics
                                  Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                                  Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                                  Ctrlr