CTRLR and ubuntu

Home Forums Platform Specific Linux CTRLR and ubuntu

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    mirabel
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 5
      • Total: 6

hello ,

i bought a mopho few month ago , very good stuff . And now i discover your site and your tool .

so with your tool : page.php?p=downloads ; and with the device database : in my case this one : DSI – Mopho ; i would like to know if i will be able to control my mopho under ubuntu ?

if yes , i would like to know if it will be a standalone or it will be possible also to use it in the sequencer qtractor ??

if not , with ctrlr i have the possibility to build a panel running on linux isn t it ??

do you have a wiki ,a doc for installing and running , ctrlr and dsi mopho on linux , in my case ubuntu ? .

THX .

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

Yes it’s possible in both standalone and plugin. I really think you should build Ctrlr yourself, i wrote a short guide viewtopic.php?f=6&t=500 try that if it’s not working for you, paste the errors here i’ll try to help.

mirabel
        Participant

"""" Yes it’s possible in both standalone and plugin. I really think you should build Ctrlr yourself, i wrote a short guide viewtopic.php?f=6&t=500 try that if it’s not working for you, paste the errors here i’ll try to help. """""

copy ; i think i can handle it , i hope ; i am doing music now with free tools on ubuntu , and i think it is more easy to have a panel interface for a better access to the mopho’s parameters .

so thx for your work and for your help atom .

mirabel
          Participant

all right , so i have all the stuff in a directory , for ctrlrv4 i didn t use svn but this link : http://ctrlrv4.svn.sourceforge.net/view … /?view=tar ; so now if i understand the way to do it ; i have to

build the binary introjucer ; and after i have to use it to build the Ctrlr binary isn t it ???

my plan is to build a standalone , i would like to know if VSTSDK 2.4 is really needed in this case ? .

thx .

atom
            Keymaster
              • ★★★★★

yes you need Introjucer to change some paths in the Makefile, or if you are up to it just change the Makefile yourself (Introjucer is just a handy way yo do that graphicly)

VST SDK is not needed for standalone builds.

mirabel
              Participant

""yes you need Introjucer to change some paths in the Makefile""

ok , i just launch introjuicer like this :

xxxx@xxxx ~/atom/devel/juce/extras/Introjucer/Builds/Linux/build $ ./Introjucer , and i have a window : The juce module updater , so what is the path , the location i have to choose at this point ??

update ==> well i had to launch introjucer in root , so now it seems to be ok , i have the good window ; so in the export target linux make file : at local juce folder i have : /home/atom/devel/juce ; so i just need to save and exit and it is done for this isn t it ???

and after i go in my case to : /home/atom/devel/ctrlrv4/builds/generated/linux/standalone and here i run

make for a debug version and after make -j4 CONFIG=Release and all is done i hope .

seb .

mirabel
                Participant

i just try to compile it and this the result for the debug version :

Compiling CtrlrLog.cpp
                  In file included from ../../../Standalone/JuceLibraryCode/JuceHeader.h:17:0,
                  from ../../../../Source/Application/CtrlrMacros.h:11,
                  from ../../../../Source/Lua/CtrlrLuaMemoryBlock.h:8,
                  from ../../../../Source/MIDI/CtrlrMidiMessage.h:4,
                  from ../../../../Source/Application/CtrlrInlineUtilities.h:4,
                  from ../../../../Source/Application/CtrlrUtilities.h:4,
                  from ../../../../Source/Application/CtrlrLog.cpp:1:
                  ../../../Standalone/JuceLibraryCode/BinaryData.h:295:35: error: ‘juce’ has not been declared
                  ../../../Standalone/JuceLibraryCode/BinaryData.h:295:59: error: expected ‘{’ before ‘ImageProvider’
                  ../../../Standalone/JuceLibraryCode/BinaryData.h:296:5: error: invalid type in declaration before ‘{’ token
                  ../../../Standalone/JuceLibraryCode/BinaryData.h:296:5: warning: extended initializer lists only available with -std=c++0x or -std=gnu++0x [enabled by default]
                  ../../../Standalone/JuceLibraryCode/BinaryData.h:297:5: error: expected primary-expression before ‘public’
                  ../../../Standalone/JuceLibraryCode/BinaryData.h:297:5: error: expected ‘}’ before ‘public’
                  ../../../Standalone/JuceLibraryCode/BinaryData.h:297:5: error: expected ‘,’ or ‘;’ before ‘public’
                  ../../../Standalone/JuceLibraryCode/BinaryData.h:300:9: error: ‘juce’ does not name a type
                  ../../../Standalone/JuceLibraryCode/BinaryData.h:311:9: error: ‘juce’ does not name a type
                  ../../../Standalone/JuceLibraryCode/BinaryData.h:313:1: error: expected declaration before ‘}’ token
                  make: *** [build/intermediate/Debug/CtrlrLog_4910a945.o] Error 1

so what i need to do next ?

seb

mirabel
                  Participant

hi , dobry wieczór

""""" i wrote a short guide viewtopic.php?f=6&t=500 try that if it’s not working for you, paste the errors here i’ll try to help. """"

so what do you think about the error compilation ?

atom
                    Keymaster
                      • ★★★★★

Just tested the latest nightly source in SVN and the latest JUCE from the GIT on my Linux Mint and it compiled (with some warnings but nothing major). My advise is to update the SVN and GIT from Ctrlr and JUCE and re-build the Makefile with Introjucer.

romsom
                      Participant
                        • Topics: 3
                        • Replies: 27
                        • Total: 30

I also had this exact problem and found no way to solve it. I suspected that my version of gcc might have been to new at that moment, but no guarantee on that!
                        For me the problem was solved, when I fetched the latest svn version of ctrlr a few days later. Everything went fine then.

lilakmonoke
                        Participant
                          • Topics: 5
                          • Replies: 23
                          • Total: 28

im also on ubuntu and have no xperience compiling stuff that complex. im willing to give it a try if its doable.

wouldnt the binary in nightly work? if yes how do you run it, from the shell? i tried that but no cigar …

if no what is the exact procedure? im on ubuntu plus kxstudio layer.

atom
                          Keymaster
                            • ★★★★★

The nightly should work on ubuntu. There is a binary called “Ctrlr” and you should run it from the console or double click it (assuming it has execute permissions set).

To build Ctrlr on Linux, there is a procedure on the forum here that sould still be valid (i updated it a little now): http://ctrlr.org/forums/topic/linux-build/

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • The forum ‘Linux’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                          There is currently 0 users and 106 guests online
                          No users are currently active
                          Forum Statistics
                          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                          Ctrlr