Ctrlr look and feel

Home Forums General News and releases Ctrlr look and feel

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    atom
    Keymaster
      • Topics: 159
      • Replies: 2945
      • Total: 3104
      • ★★★★★

I’m thinking about making the Ctrlr look and feel more open to configuration, i’m talking about those parts of the program that are not components/panels. I knew i had to do this at some point but there were more important things to do, i have some time to do it now and i was wondering about your feedback on this.

– the icons i use are from fatcow hosting, but i was thinking about changing those to some SVG based icons so i can rescale icons on the fly and so that the size of the Ctrlr binary decreases (packed SVG icons will take a lot less space then the PNG icons i use right now), i was looking around and any of the GNOME sets look nice (http://gnome-look.org/index.php?xsortmo … ntmode=121) they usually have a dark and bright theme and are free (that’s important). The icon set would be interchangeable at runtime so that you can provide your own icons for the panel toolbar and other components to fit your panel look and feel.

– the colors and sizes of the elements, this would be left for configuration in some form of a "skin"

Any suggestions on this would be helpful, also if anyone is interested in any actual design (icons, color palette) let me know any help is welcome since i have no design skills and lack any art instincts. I wanted to jump on the whole iXXXX wagon with the nice glossy/plastic icons and looks for an app to be maybe a bit more user friendly, i don’t know really.

msepsis
      Participant
        • Topics: 219
        • Replies: 732
        • Total: 951
        • ★★★
        "atom":69f3taua wrote:
        Any suggestions on this would be helpful, also if anyone is interested in any actual design (icons, color palette) let me know any help is welcome since i have no design skills and lack any art instincts.[/quote:69f3taua]

I would love to help out with this. Is there an irc channel/server you’re frequently on?

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

dasfaker
        Keymaster
          • Topics: 80
          • Replies: 793
          • Total: 873
          • ★★★

Count me in.

atom
          Keymaster
            • ★★★★★

well i used to hang out on #ctrlr on ircnet but noone was visiting so i disabled that plugin in mirana, but i’ll re-enable it, im a_tom at ircnet #ctrlr

atom
            Keymaster
              • ★★★★★

make that freenode network since a new JUCE channel has been set up there.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘News and releases’ is closed to new topics and replies.
            There is currently 0 users and 77 guests online
            No users are currently active
            Forum Statistics
            Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
            Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
            Ctrlr