DAW crashes & no bidirectional communication?

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr DAW crashes & no bidirectional communication?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    minimalist
    Participant
      • Topics: 10
      • Replies: 141
      • Total: 151
      • ★★

First of all: Many many thanks for your unbelivable work! You can’t imagine what you’re doing for the synthesizer-world. I think EVERY synthesizer owner was dreaming about this tools you’re offering! And the GUIs are very well designed and giving a perfect overview. Thanks a LOT!

But I have to say that I’m a bit confused why I have so many problems to get Ctrlr running stable/useful. I tried many different Ctrlr plugins (particular Evolver & Virus) – but in all versions I found the same "bugs". My Problems are:

1. When I’m loading an AU (in Ableton Live): it is crashing immediately! And every time!
      2. When I’m using a Vst (in Ableton Live): Ableton is not crashing immediately, but very often (while I’m tweaking around with Ctrlr)

3. For me a really important issue: Doesn’t Ctrlr support bidirectional communication (between hardware & software) when doing Bank/Program changes? That makes the handling very… uff! When I can’t see the parameter changes (in Ctrlr) after a program change – and Ctrlr displays nothing… very strange. AND: it makes no sense to save, because when i’m loading again my arrangement Ctrlr sets every parameter to "0" => so my sound isn’t saved, it’s destroyed. I hope you can understand my english & what i mean?

So: Am I doing (in the options) some stupid settings, or does Ctrlr works like i expirienced? I’m on Mac OSX – maybe only this versions are buggy (I was reading that they are a bit more buggy)? On the other hand this I could not imagine, because it seems that there are much more OSX downloads than Windows – and there are so less complaints here.

As you can see I’m very confused what I should think – and if I really need Ctrlr, though it’s SUCH a great vision! Some help of you is very appreciated.

My System: Mac OSX 10.6.4, Ableton Live 7.0.18, MOTU Fastlane (same with MIDI In/Out of my Echo Audiofire 12), Virus C, Desktop Evolver, Ctrlr PlugIns

nezzyidy
      Participant
        • Topics: 0
        • Replies: 2
        • Total: 2

I can’t get my evolver to receive notes at all in Ableton. What are your settings?

minimalist
        Participant
          • Topics: 10
          • Replies: 141
          • Total: 151
          • ★★
          "nezzyidy":3a64v032 wrote:
          I can’t get my evolver to receive notes at all in Ableton. What are your settings?[/quote:3a64v032]
          Actually the settings are the same like for all the other CTRLR plugins. Don’t know what you’ve tried – and what not. But this is how I did it:

– create a MIDI track
          – put in the Evolver Vst
          – set the MIDI In (in the track) to your MIDI keyboard
          – arm the track
          – set the MIDI In & Out (in CTRLR) to the Evolver’s MIDI ports
          – select MIDI thru
          – be sure that the Evolver is listening to the right MIDI channel
          – have fun…

does it help?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
        There is currently 0 users and 69 guests online
        No users are currently active
        Forum Statistics
        Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
        Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
        Ctrlr