Donate for OSX builds

Home Forums General News and releases Donate for OSX builds

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    atom
    Keymaster
      • Topics: 159
      • Replies: 2945
      • Total: 3104
      • ★★★★★

I started a indiegogo campaing (link on the main page). I would like to get more up-to-date builds for OSX bu i lack the hardware, and i’m not that wealthy to get a MAC just for that (it will be unused and that’s a waste of my money). So if you really want better and more current MAC builds, help me out.

Carl Licroy
      Participant
        • Topics: 3
        • Replies: 28
        • Total: 31

Hi Atom,

I’ve just contributed for $10 and hope others will follow. I’ve tested all OS to play music and for me Mac is the only serious platform to go.

If Ctrlr is no longer developped on OSX I will be forced to find another program or to developp my own for controlling my synths.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your job so far and happy new year to all.

atom
        Keymaster
          • ★★★★★

I never said discontinued, i just said that the current release mechanism leaves OSX far behind other platforms, and to speed it up i need a machine where i can develop. This will speed things up, i’m not going to ditch OSX.

Carl Licroy
          Participant
            • Replies: 28
            • Total: 31

Glad to hear that 🙂

jasefos
            Participant
              • Topics: 13
              • Replies: 76
              • Total: 89

Hi Atom,

I was wondering what the hold up was on OSX builds – since CTRLR is such a vital part of my tool kit and I’m 100% on OSX nowadays I’ll definitely pop in a donation when I’m back at my workstation.

In the meantime, if you can provide me with a dummies guide to compiling new OSX releases, if that will help you out, I’m more than happy to assist – just drop me a line.

Best Wishes,

--> Music: www.soundcloud.com/jasefos
              --> DAW: OSX10.10.5 with Live 9.6 x64, UA Apollo Quad
              --> Controllers: Push 2, KeyLab61, Maschine mk2, MCU Pro, 2xMCU-Ext
              --> Synths: Cyclone Bass Bot TT303, ESQ1, MKS80/MPG80, Matrix 6R, Matrix1000, Mopho, 05RW, DW8000, Virus TI Polar, Voyager Electric Blue, MiniBrute, AN1X, K5000s, FIZMO, ASR10 rack, Kenton ProSolo (controls Sequential Pro-One, Yamaha CS15), Prophecy, EMX1, MonoTribe, SP1200, DX100, KARP Odyssey

jasefos
              Participant
                • Topics: 13
                • Replies: 76
                • Total: 89

Donation made earlier today!

Atom, in the meantime Atom, let me know if I can assist by compiling builds on my system. If you can give me some kind of rough guide, I’ll do it.

--> Music: www.soundcloud.com/jasefos
                --> DAW: OSX10.10.5 with Live 9.6 x64, UA Apollo Quad
                --> Controllers: Push 2, KeyLab61, Maschine mk2, MCU Pro, 2xMCU-Ext
                --> Synths: Cyclone Bass Bot TT303, ESQ1, MKS80/MPG80, Matrix 6R, Matrix1000, Mopho, 05RW, DW8000, Virus TI Polar, Voyager Electric Blue, MiniBrute, AN1X, K5000s, FIZMO, ASR10 rack, Kenton ProSolo (controls Sequential Pro-One, Yamaha CS15), Prophecy, EMX1, MonoTribe, SP1200, DX100, KARP Odyssey

atom
                Keymaster
                  • ★★★★★

Get Xcode.

Fetch the latest git repository from GITHUB

there is a Boost directory in there, it contains a zip file, extract it to that directory.

After that open the Builds/Generated/Mac/Standalone/Ctrlr_Standalone.xcodeproj and try to build it.

motosega
                  Participant
                    • Topics: 2
                    • Replies: 11
                    • Total: 13

i’d donate for 32bit linux builds!

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by motosega.
                    SWB
                    Participant
                      • Topics: 35
                      • Replies: 157
                      • Total: 192
                      • ★★

Hi Atom,
                      I just donated $10. I sincerely hope you reach your goal of $500 and can buy a decent Mac for your builds!

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by SWB. Reason: Irrelevant text
                      motosega
                      Participant
                        • Topics: 2
                        • Total: 13

i donated 10$ not because i care about osx builds, but because atom just started doing 32bit linux builds, and i should probably put my money where my mouth is……see what i said a few posts above /\

Possemo
                        Participant
                          • Topics: 14
                          • Replies: 638
                          • Total: 652
                          • ★★★

Hi atom, maybe this will be of some use for you:
                          macosx on windows with vmware
                          it is all free: VMWare-Player, MacOSX (is freely downloadable now).

I have a MacOSx “Yosemite” on my WindowsPC with VMWare v10. It works quite well, but unfortunately the MOTU midiexpress128 does not work.

atom
                          Keymaster
                            • ★★★★★

Yeah that’s what i do now, but this is a very bad solution for development, it’s too slow and waaay to hard to use. But that’s what i do now.

SWB
                            Participant
                              • ★★

Atom,
                              I did send you an email, could you please reply?

sumitagarwal
                              Participant
                                • Total: 14

I’m just getting going with Ctrlr on Mac right now… is this still an issue or did you raise sufficient funds for a Mac? Sorry to see that you’re providing so much development but have difficulty getting the hardware to help

SWB
                                Participant
                                  • ★★

Unfortunately the amount of funds raised was not enough to buy the Mac hardware, as you can check out on de fund raise page. Atom also proposed that somebody else did the OS X builds. I tried to do that, but for me the learning curve was/is too steep. I’m still willing to do the builds, but need guidance until I know my way around, because I’m not a professional programmer. If there is any chance of a positive result for a decent Mac build, I’m willing to put my time into it, because I do have the time (and patience). But again: I need help.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by SWB.
                                  sumitagarwal
                                  Participant

This would run the latest OS X and Xcode, would this do the trick?
                                    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-Mac-mini-2010-model-2-GB-RAM-320GB-drive-OS-Sierra-VG-/272564539792?hash=item3f761cd190:g:K48AAOSwtfhYomXv

@atom
                                    if we can raise the funds for a decent Apple dev machine, what would you say is the likelihood of an iPad/iPhone release? I think Ctrlr could get much stronger traction and wider use on there.

human fly
                                    Participant
                                      • Topics: 124
                                      • Replies: 1070
                                      • Total: 1194
                                      • ★★★★

hardware is the only serious platform to go ! 🙂

msepsis
                                      Participant
                                        • Topics: 219
                                        • Replies: 732
                                        • Total: 951
                                        • ★★★

no pressure Roman, no pressure 🙂

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

SWB
                                        Participant
                                          • ★★

Exactly one year ago I did have a extensive email communication with Roman about this Mac build issue. I offered some help with trying to find a Mac Mini in The Netherlands (where I live), because I think they are cheaper than in Poland and there is more second hand supply, I guess. But he did not take up my offer. So as the second best option for me I tried to build Mac versions of CTRLR using Xcode v7.2.1 myself. In the beginning I encountered many problems and vague error messages, but with the help of Roman I came a long way. But finally I reached the point that in some or another way I had to do code fixing and at that point Roman told me to leave it, which made sense from his point view (I quote his answer): “Then leave it for now, since i develop mainly on Windows/Linux there will be issues on OSX and whoever is doing the build needs to know how to fix them, otherwise i need to do it, and that’s not the point.“. So I did not put any energy anymore in trying to build CTRLR for Mac. So still the best option, I think, is Roman gets enough money to buy a Mac. And I’m willing to donate (again), if others do also. I’m not sure but I think about 300 euro should be enough. As there is already raised an amount of $ 125, which is roughly 120 euro, we need (only) 180 euro or so…

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by SWB.
                                          sumitagarwal
                                          Participant

I see the Indiegogo is closed, even though the link is still there at ctrlr.org

I wonder if there’s any possibility @Atom will reopen it?

I’m currently working on a project that has strong interest within a community and will be directing anybody who wants to contribute towards my efforts to instead donate towards Ctrlr.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
                                          • The forum ‘News and releases’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                                          There is currently 0 users and 35 guests online
                                          No users are currently active
                                          Forum Statistics
                                          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                                          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                                          Ctrlr