editor to hardware

Home Forums General General MIDI discussion editor to hardware

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    thered1
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 0
      • Total: 1

sorry this is a very basic question "how do i get the editor to send midi (messages) to the hardware" ?

a brief of what I’m doing and have done so far:
      -using evolver desktop
      -midi hooked up to audio 8 card which is all hooked up to logic
      – evolver receiving midi from logic and audio 8 i.e. it plays when i hit play in logic
      – have downloaded ctrlr and also a evolver template linked here viewtopic.php?f=61&t=514
      – got the ctrlr vat open fine with template in logic – the templates parameters move with automations i have tested
      – midi (audio 8) is selected in ctrlr

so basically everything seems fine in logic, it shows as a vat and is functional, but there are no changes in the evolver when adjusting a knob. It must be something really basic in the ctrlr software setting as i have run it stand alone and can’t get it working either.

Very new to editors this so many thanks for any info at all.

cheers.

Taysete_DJ
      Participant
        • Topics: 6
        • Replies: 19
        • Total: 25

sorry this is a very basic question “how do i get the editor to send midi (messages) to the hardware” ? a brief of what I’m doing and have done so far:
        -using evolver desktop
        -midi hooked up to audio 8 card which is all hooked up to logic
        – evolver receiving midi from logic and audio 8 i.e. it plays when i hit play in logic
        – have downloaded ctrlr and also a evolver template linked here

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=514

– got the ctrlr vat open fine with template in logic – the templates parameters move with automations i have tested
        – midi (audio is selected in ctrlr so basically everything seems fine in logic, it shows as a vat and is functional, but there are no changes in the evolver when adjusting a knob. It must be something really basic in the ctrlr software setting as i have run it stand alone and can’t get it working either. Very new to editors this so many thanks for any info at all. cheers.

You need a “virtual midi cable” that means you need a software like :

Midiyoke , LoopMidi, Loopbe , etc etc…

then just connect all output/input , dont use your soundcard in this , it may loose some midi data i think , or maybe wont work because the midi is in use by another application

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • The forum ‘General MIDI discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.
      There is currently 0 users and 100 guests online
      No users are currently active
      Forum Statistics
      Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
      Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
      Ctrlr