EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rodrigo
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 1
      • Total: 2

Hi. I have a Nord Lead 3 and OSX and I’m trying to figure out why the latest version ctrlr (Revision 24 Oct 2010 8:36:55pm) will quit unexpectedly with this Exception type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS). The previous version I had (2010/04/24 01:37.52) will open properly, although I couldn’t figure out how to configure it, but that’s another topic….

rodrigo
      Participant
        • Replies: 1
        • Total: 2

Ok, I actually could load the plugin as AU within Digital Performer. Stand alone mode seemed to trigger the problem more easily. After fiddling with the Virtual Instrument assignment, configuration, etc. I was able to get 2 way communication. The plug in detected what Bank and Program I was on. The knobs reacted on my synth while controlling the plugin. But I could not, for the life of me, save a Program. It actually behaved as if it was saving it, but the folder I created showed 0 items. At some point, my Synth froze (no response to my keys or knobs, just the main volume)…After rebooting Digital Performer a few times, I begun to get the DP unexpectedly quit behavior. The crash log once again showed the Exception type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS). For now I decided to stop using the CTrLR until I can figure out how to configure it properly. I don’t want corrupt files on my sessions just yet. If this has happened to you and you got around it, please let me know. Thanks everyone!

atom
        Keymaster
          • Topics: 159
          • Replies: 2945
          • Total: 3104
          • ★★★★★

i’ll see about the crash, that should not happen.

saving programs is not working, you are left with saving the plugin state with your project, that will be saved across open/close.

i’m still thinking how to do program management.

hydrogen
          Participant
            • Replies: 5
            • Total: 6

same problem here when running the revision 53 of the juno alpha-2 build.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
          There is currently 0 users and 173 guests online
          No users are currently active
          Forum Statistics
          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
          Ctrlr