First impressions (bugs?) …

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr First impressions (bugs?) …

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    pirufly
    Participant
      • Topics: 7
      • Replies: 6
      • Total: 13

Hello, there are (or I have)some bugs:
      -"File, etc" menus don’t work, and when I change from "File" to other, in example, disapears the possibility to select nothing.( I have to click somewhere the controller and then I can again but doing nothing).
      -The send program button don’t work.
      -In Evolver (and the others tomorrow will check with more time), the bank change do nothing.
      -The option send program at startup don’t work.(Preferences)
      -The option send program change at startup don’t work.(Preferences)
      -If in Cubase 5 I select one midi output to send MIDI clock then in the controller I can’t select the same to controll the synth. (output used by other… said). How I synch the synth into my sequence?
      -If I include the input in the "All midi inputs" ( Cubase MIDI devices…), I can’t use it in the controller ( For me is more important the problem with the MIDI clock but I think is similar).
      Are bugs? Or, have I to configure something?

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR WORK.

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

– the menu bug is a known problem you need to click somewhere on the GUI area of the Ctrlr and then try the menu to make it work, plus the toolbar has all the items from the menus you can use the toolbar
        – to be fixed
        – to be fixed
        – to bo fixed
        – to be fixed

MIDI devcies stuff, it’s not possible (in windows) to open the same midi device more then once, it’s not a limitation of Ctrlr it’s a limitation of Windows. But in good DAWs like Cuase it’s not a problem, as you can route MIDI output to VST and the DAW will pick it up and send the messages to the right devices, you just need to set your track right.

pirufly
        Participant

Hello, I have some problems:
          -If I select (preferences): Use VST Ouput, where I assing the output to that VST? If no output is selected (and free), nothing
          happens.
          -When I select: Use VST input, the "blue light" (MIDI activity) flashes but no red one, nothing goes out from the editor. The
          same happens with MIDI Clock. I have to select the MIDI Thru option and then red one flashes (only for notes).
          -Perhaps a Receibe Program button will be very usefull for transmit current program parameters to the editor (DSI’s, Ithink…
          have the ability to do that, others I don’t know but if they can …).
          -If I open the plug from one track instrument and not from the rack VST, some relative to the output happens and don’t work.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR WORK AND SUPPORT.

atom
          Keymaster
            • ★★★★★

that’s the wholw point, once you select VST outputs the midi messages are transmitted to the DAW (Cubase) and it’s upp to the DAW to deliver those messages to the right devices. So you need to set up cubase to send messages from the Ctrlr.

atom
            Keymaster
              • ★★★★★

i think i found yet another bug in the VST/Midi stuff, i fixed that and i’m doing the builds now, have a look at the downloads section in an hour or so (that’s how log it takes to rebuild all Ctrlrs) and then try it, this will be revision 1455

pirufly
              Participant

I need some help I don’t know how to do that (where I have to configure Cubase to send data thru the controller? I’m lookin for that but I don’t find nothing (I open the controller from the VST rack not from VST instrument track, is right?).

Thanks in advance.

atom
                Keymaster
                  • ★★★★★

Well i wish i could help you with Cubase but i really can’t i used that DAW a long time ago when it was version 3.7 and i had Windows 95 then. I know it’s possible in FLStudio(and some other DAWs) and it must be in Cubase.

pirufly
                  Participant

Only Evolver is revision 1455, the others are 1452…

atom
                    Keymaster
                      • ★★★★★

Well i just checked they’re all 1455 you just need to download again (maybe you downloaded too soon) or/and make sure you clean your browser cache and disable proxy cache, cause you might be getting the old file, some people reported this problem.

atom
                      Keymaster
                        • ★★★★★

oh yeah and the program send/program change/send on load stuff is fixed in the new revision

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                      There is currently 0 users and 68 guests online
                      No users are currently active
                      Forum Statistics
                      Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                      Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                      Ctrlr