font not loaded first time

Home Forums General Programming font not loaded first time

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    m.tarenskeen
    Participant
      • Topics: 30
      • Replies: 113
      • Total: 143
      • ★★

I have included an extra font (LCDdot regular) in my panel’s Resource, and it is exported in my *.panelz file. It is used to display a patchname.

If I load the panel the font is displayed correctly.

But if I load the panel for the first time in Ctrlr on another computer the font is not displayed by default. I have to (and can) (re)set the correct font in “Panel mode”: it’s there in the panel’s Resources. After that all is OK.

But this is not how it should be, right?

dasfaker
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 80
        • Replies: 793
        • Total: 873
        • ★★★

I’ve seen a similar problem on my system in two cases:

The font imported is also installed in the system font folder. For some reason, if the font is installed in your OS, Ctrlr try to get the installed font instead the imported font. If this is the case, remove the installed font and make sure the modulator using this font use the imported font.

There is a LUA error. If the panel throws a LUA error the imported fonts are replaced by the default font.

m.tarenskeen
        Participant
          • Topics: 30
          • Replies: 113
          • Total: 143
          • ★★

I have tried removing the font fom my system’s font directory. At first it seemed to work. But the problem seems to occur when I export (compressed + resources) on my Linux laptop and load the panel in Ctrlr on my Windows system. After setting the correct font in panelmode and saving, everyhing is OK again. But if I then load this file, which was saved on my Windows system, back in Ctrlr on my Linux system, the font has to be re-set again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • The forum ‘Programming’ is closed to new topics and replies.
        There is currently 0 users and 113 guests online
        No users are currently active
        Forum Statistics
        Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
        Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
        Ctrlr