GrooveBox Editor for Roland MC-505, Jx-305 and D2

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros GrooveBox Editor for Roland MC-505, Jx-305 and D2

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dasfaker
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 80
    • Replies: 793
    • Total: 873
    • ★★★

After a lot of work, the GrooveBox Editor is ready. It’s compatible with Roland MC-505, Roland JX-305 and Roland D2 synthesizers.

It’s fully multitimbral, and it manages all parameters of the synth (7 parts + Rhythm part, Part Settings, Effects settings and System settings).

It’s in beta stage, so there could be bugs. Please let me know if you find anything wrong.

The Editor uses a new approach that allows to manage all parameters (up to 7675 parameters!) with less than 1000 modulators, with a heavy use of memoryBlocks to manage data from different parts, making the editor very lightweight.

You can download the Editor here

Possemo
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 638
    • Total: 652
    • ★★★

Looks great. It’s a pity that you don’t let other people look into your code but this is your decision and I can somewhat understand. E.g. when someone would copy code and then tries to make money with his panel.

dasfaker
    Keymaster
    • ★★★

Thanks Poss. PM.

dasfaker
    Keymaster
    • ★★★

Just uploaded a new beta with some fixes, download it here

human fly
    Participant
    • Topics: 124
    • Replies: 1070
    • Total: 1194
    • ★★★★

grabbed ! thanks dasfaker.

DaveDaves
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1
    • Total: 1

This is very impressive, I shared it with the Facebook MC-303/505/808/909 group and there was a lot of interest.

Currently of the JV-based grooveboxes I only still have the MC-307, can I expect it to be fully/mostly compatible?

I still use a MC-909 daily, of course using it with my modern DAW is rather crude and manual of a process. If a version of Groovebox Editor for the 808/909 models existed, that would be the ideal way for me to work with my DAW and the 909 (I could look at / physically operate either one depending on the task) – Roland’s own editor doesn’t run on modern (Intel Mac / Wintel after XP) computers, I wonder if it possibly could be not painstakingly difficult to modify your Groovebox Editor to be able to do its same functions for the MC-808/909 by changing the MIDI CC/SYSEX #s per the MIDI Implementation?

dasfaker
    Keymaster
    • ★★★

Hi Dave, thanks for your words.

It should be fully compatible with the MC307 as they share the same engine architecture, but as I don’t own one I can’t test it.

Unfortunately, it’s far from being easy to adapt the editor to work with the 909, it’s not just a matter of changing the MIDI messages. Also I would need the machine to test it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
There is currently 0 users and 81 guests online
No users are currently active
Forum Statistics
Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
Ctrlr