HANDLE NEGATIVE VALUES

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros HANDLE NEGATIVE VALUES

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    KALYWAY
    Participant
      • Topics: 9
      • Replies: 23
      • Total: 32

hello ! i want to add a simple uislider from the menu , and set it to -64 +63 min/max with interval = 1 (edit box off the slider work ok filtering values out off range )
      but in the modulator section i want a variation from 0 to 127
      (-64 to +63 >>>>>> 0 – 127 )

is there a way with the lot off settings in modulator section (base value , max ….etc …etc) ?

i cannot find how to , if you have a solution !
      thank to you

tontechniker
      Participant
        • Topics: 1
        • Replies: 3
        • Total: 4

maybe this is what you are searching for:
        “Expression to evaluate when calculating midi message value from modulator…:

64 + modulatorValue

• This reply was modified 10 years, 10 months ago by tontechniker.
        KALYWAY
        Participant

maybe this is what you are searching for:
          “Expression to evaluate when calculating midi message value from modulator…:

64 + modulatorValue

thank you i have to look at this !

• This reply was modified 10 years, 10 months ago by KALYWAY.
          msepsis
          Participant
            • Topics: 219
            • Replies: 732
            • Total: 951
            • ★★★

what tontech suggested may not be the answer, although he is answering the specific question you asked – handle negative values.. Keep in mind that will literally send a negative value, which i doubt is actually what you want.. you probably want to send 0-127 but display -64 – 63.. in which case you want to use a uiFixedImageSlider.. this will send 0-127 but display the values you fill into the “slider contents” field. use a list generator like the one here http://textmechanic.com/Generate-List-of-Numbers.html to generate a list from -64 to 63, then fill these values into the slider contents field of the uiFixedImageSlider

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

KALYWAY
            Participant

tontech suggestion do the stuff !!!! and work well , i just want a simple slider with a standard edit box with values range filter (values entered in keyboard numpad ) i don’t know if the uiFixedImageSlider have a edit box with a range filter that correspond to -64 +63 or 0-127 ? in my case i want a range filter for -64 +63 , when i set this in slider min max setting , the edit box under the slider adjust it self the range filtering , i have not tested with uiFixedImageSlider because the ton tech answer works . 64+modulatorValue >>>> go 0-127 in the SYSEX xx formula , works .

thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
            There is currently 0 users and 120 guests online
            No users are currently active
            Forum Statistics
            Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
            Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
            Ctrlr