Help me get started please

Home Forums Platform Specific Linux Help me get started please

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    hooya
    Participant
      • Topics: 2
      • Replies: 13
      • Total: 15

I’m an Arch linux user. I installed the version of ctrlr from AUR and the program seems to run. The only window that I can interact with is the primary window with the sequencer module.

No midi devices show up to choose. I know they work because other programs work with them just fine. Jack sees them just fine.

No idea what to try. No errors in the command line output.

Edit: Installed via the SVN although kind of by accident… didn’t build anything but the program runs. I can see and communicate with my MIDI device, but maybe I’m not sure how ctrlr works:

Can I read current program status of my Dave Smith MoPho on the ctrlr? I mean, I have programs already on there, and I want to tweak or copy them. I can’t seem to figure out how to get the entire program to dump to ctrlr. If I make a program change of one variable it correspondingly changes in the program, so I know it’s communicating, but I don’t know how to get the whole program as it exists on the MoPho to ctrlr to edit.

romsom
      Participant
        • Topics: 3
        • Replies: 27
        • Total: 30

Hi hooya,

as you already figured out, the version in the AUR does not work because it’s an old build. Building from SVN is the way to go.

If you want to modify your patches, i.e. load them into ctrlr you usually need a lua function that parses a sysex dump of your patch and assignes the corresponding parameters to modulators (= buttons, sliders etc). Unless the author of the panel you are using has already done this job for you, you have to grab the midi documentation of your device and start experimenting a little.
        If you are new to lua: I have done this for the TX81z panel without ever having to do with lua before. There are some good examples how to do this in other panels.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • The forum ‘Linux’ is closed to new topics and replies.
      There is currently 0 users and 99 guests online
      No users are currently active
      Forum Statistics
      Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
      Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
      Ctrlr