ION/Micron

Home Forums General News and releases ION/Micron

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    atom
    Keymaster
      • Topics: 159
      • Replies: 2945
      • Total: 3104
      • ★★★★★

Just got myslef a micron so i guess a ctrlr will be soon available.

DBM
      Participant
        • Topics: 0
        • Replies: 26
        • Total: 26

YEAH !
        As the Miniak is the exact same engine that is a win for me too !

Pretty powerful little synths , but programming them is a bit tedious …even more so than an Alpha Juno .

The_Unknown
        Participant
          • Topics: 1
          • Replies: 4
          • Total: 5

Cool, I love the sound of my Micron, but the interface is very crap…

bionictom
          Participant
            • Replies: 2
            • Total: 2

Just got myself a Miniak, and the lack of a good editor is driving me crazy. Looking forward to your editor very much! Is there a way one could help out?

bionictom
            Participant
              • Replies: 2
              • Total: 2

If it helps: here is a Midi Implemantion Chart at the bottom of the page:
              http://ion-micron.wikia.com/wiki/Common_FAQ

DBM
              Participant

Hows this coming along ? My Miniak feels … disconnected . lol

atom
                Keymaster
                  • ★★★★★

well no progress, i got a tascam us-122mkII today so i’m midi and audio connected, i’ll get to it next i just need to do some stuff in the LUA engine.

DBM
                  Participant

Thanks for the update .
                    An initialize patch function would be invaluable on this too BTW .

atom
                    Keymaster
                      • ★★★★★

Programs->Send Program will do that if all your knobs and buttons are zero, it will send zeros. Unless you want something different, but to achieve anything different i’d need initial patch data for every Ctrlr (in XML Ctrlr format or SysEx binary format).

atom
                      Keymaster
                        • ★★★★★

Well i started to work on this, did the filters/pre-filters section. But this is a weird device, the micronizer transmits messages that should be not accepted by the micron, all messages are +1024, for ex when a controller should be 44 micronizer sends 1068, but when i change a parameter on the micron it sends out 44, so the midi feedback does not work. Now i’m wondering how to solve this. I can’t access all micron parameters (need to read the manual, i can’t find a way to edit parameters from the unit panel) so i can’t see what all values are, i can assume they’re all 1024 less then those in the micronizer but i don’t know if this assumption is right.

I’ll be adding the rest of parameters this week, i did fome fixes on the midi feedback stuff it should be working better with new builds. I also made the midi input monitor working, for all you guys who want to see what’s going on, on the midi input both in raw format and in a translated format (nrpns are actually 4 CC messages stitched together).

DBM
                        Participant

Yep weird beast . All NPRN no midi CC’s . The ION had super high resolution knobs so maybe that explains the strangeness ?

atom
                          Keymaster
                            • ★★★★★

Does the miniak send NRPN messages ? Or maybe there is someone here with an Ion and can see if the Ion sends them, there are some missing parameters, i imported all from the micronizer (it has most of them in XML format) but there are some missing. I’ll post a list of witch ones are missing but i need to know if it’s possible to record them.

DBM
                            Participant

Miniak like the Micron has three knobs to edit with and they have to be assigned so it’s the same deal as what you have seen I believe .
                              What parameters are missing from the micronizer …aside from the tap tempo and multi / seq/ rhythm editing ?

DBM
                              Participant

[img:1bjx85yy]http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/7003/micronnrpnlist.jpg[/img:1bjx85yy]

DBM
                                Participant

[img:3ek03lzf]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/2752/micronnrpnlist2.jpg[/img:3ek03lzf]

atom
                                  Keymaster
                                    • ★★★★★

I still have some stuff, i imported the while Micronizer XML, what’s missing ?
                                    http://ctrlr.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/C … Micron.xml

all parameters without the number attribute empty, also the FX parameters that start with 300 not 700 are taken from the website, and they are different in a weird way (they’re not smaller than 1024 or 512) so i don’t know if they’re right, i didn’t get any decent results in terms of FX on my micron. Also those global parameters like Unison Polyphony are taken from the website.

DBM
                                    Participant

[img:3cbwhsop]http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/888/micronnrpnlist3.jpg[/img:3cbwhsop]

DBM
                                      Participant

[img:3luwzd96]http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/9058/micronnrpnlist4.jpg[/img:3luwzd96]

DBM
                                        Participant

[img:2zhy7v62]http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/1902/micronmidibankchange.jpg[/img:2zhy7v62]

DBM
                                          Participant

Thats all I got …other than the pearl code for bi directional patch name lists . To which I believe could not use or need – sorry it’s been a while back .
                                            The Micron and Miniak work exactly the same the only differences are the build and patches . So if you can’t get a read from the micron it will be the same here too .
                                            Hope the info above will help … if you needed it again that is .
                                            BTW if it helps the ION’s knobs were all very high resolution … to my knowledge none of that was changed in the code from the ION to Micron to Miniak .

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
                                          • The forum ‘News and releases’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                                          There is currently 0 users and 76 guests online
                                          No users are currently active
                                          Forum Statistics
                                          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                                          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                                          Ctrlr