Is it possible to copy multiple ui elements

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr Is it possible to copy multiple ui elements

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    arcangeli
    Participant
      • Topics: 9
      • Replies: 21
      • Total: 30

Hi,
      First, i want to say “thank you” to the author(s?) of this fabulous piece of code 🙂

I’m trying to create a Panel for my Novation Circuit. This groove box has 2 synth onboard. One is controlled with MIDI channel 1 and the other with MIDI channel 2.

I’ve made a Tab with “Synth 1” and “Synth 2”. For now only “Synth 1” is started (and work).
      Is it possible to copy all that’s inside the “Synth 1” Tab to the “Synth 2” Tab?
      Or do i need to copy all ui part by part?
      The two thing that change between the two is the color (circuit is fully psychedelic) and the MIDI channel. As thus, i don’t want to recreate all this stuff a second time…

dasfaker
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 80
        • Replies: 793
        • Total: 873
        • ★★★

Hold down Ctrl key while selecting multiple modulators and then just copy, go to the other tab and paste.

arcangeli
        Participant

Ok, thanks.
          But now the pasted element appear anywhere on the panel and need to be positioned manually.
          As the Novation Circuit has many synth parameters, some are grouped in tab. But when pasted, element are not anymore in the new tab.
          As if all element are copied individually.
          If i quit and restart Ctrlr, some pasted elements are on the wrong tab.
          I’m using Linux 64bit Ctrlr 5.3.186 (binary) and nightly (from source). Same problem.

dasfaker
          Keymaster
            • ★★★

You should change tab owner parameter for each element, as they come from a previous tab they maintain the old tab owner I think.

The pasted elements should maintain the same relative position to each others, so selecting all and moving them with the cursor keys you could place them on the correct place at one.

arcangeli
            Participant

The problem (relative position) come from my window manager (awesome) which is a Tiling one. If i manage my window like with “standard” WM, it’s ok.

Changing the owner parameter for each element is a long task… And not very user friendly 😉

Thanks for your help dasfaker.

dasfaker
              Keymaster
                • ★★★

Use the modulator list, sort by vst index (so the pasted mods are consecutive) and copy/paste the Tab owner name, works almost like an excel table.

arcangeli
                Participant

Great!
                  Apparently, Ctrlr lack only a good documentation 😉

I’ll now recreate my panel from start. With better naming convention.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                There is currently 0 users and 105 guests online
                No users are currently active
                Forum Statistics
                Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                Ctrlr