Is there a way to prevent Ctrlr to load the last used panel?

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr Is there a way to prevent Ctrlr to load the last used panel?

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    goodweather
    Participant
      • Topics: 45
      • Replies: 550
      • Total: 595
      • ★★★

Hi,
      Is there a way to prevent Ctrlr to load the last used panel?
      My panel is making Ctrlr hanging on load…

I havbe a temp workaround: I’m replacing the last used panel with an older copy…

Thx!

dasfaker
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 80
        • Replies: 793
        • Total: 873
        • ★★★

Pressing Ctrlr + R when Ctrlr opens will reset Ctrlr preferences, removing any previous panel at start. Also you can close any panel opened and select File -> Save CTRLR State.

goodweather
        Participant
          • Topics: 45
          • Replies: 550
          • Total: 595
          • ★★★

Thank you dasfaker!
          I tested the Ctrl+R on opening and it works fine. Also getting the warning window which is good. I will add that in the Step by Step guide.

I did the Save Ctrlr State with no panel open. Where is it saved? In Appdata->Roaming->Ctrlr? Under which name? How to restore from a previous state?
          Is it the ctrlr.settings file that I should then keep safe as a copy in case of?

Before you wrote your answer, I had opened the ctrlr.settings file, saw my panel in there, removed it to keep only the first part and then re-opened Ctrlr and this has been working fine. So, I’m now keeping this “empty” file.

Thx for clarifying my questions above about the Save state. I’ll also add that in the Step by Step guide.

dasfaker
          Keymaster
            • Topics: 80
            • Replies: 793
            • Total: 873
            • ★★★

Also take note that when working inside a DAW, the data that is saved and restored in a project is this same data stored with Ctrlr Sate, so you don’t need to debug inside the DAW this aspect of a panel.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
          There is currently 0 users and 139 guests online
          No users are currently active
          Forum Statistics
          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
          Ctrlr