is this still about controlling software for hardware?

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr is this still about controlling software for hardware?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    wwjd
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 3
      • Total: 4

Kinda confused. I used to come here to look at a free controller software for a Micron. Is that still what this place is about? I might be missing some simple explanation somewhere that is real obvious, but for someone that is new, this place doesn’t explain itself much.

If it is about the controllers, where can I download one for my specific unit like I used to? Do I need to download a couple part of source code and assemble it myself?

Is there a basic FAQ/Help area I should see first?
      I used to come over, download Micron controller and be done.
      Confused user, but I’ll keep poking around.
      I used to send folks here from GEAR SLUTZ but can’t really recommend it if it has become a secret society of sorts.

msepsis
      Participant
        • Topics: 219
        • Replies: 732
        • Total: 951
        • ★★★
        "wwjd":2ttwi7oh wrote:
        Kinda confused….
        ..can’t really recommend it if it has become a secret society of sorts.[/quote:2ttwi7oh]

What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow??

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

wwjd
        Participant

Blue? … no! YELLOW!! AAAAAARRRRRRGH! hahaha

wwjd
          Participant

no help for the weary?

dasfaker
            Keymaster
              • Topics: 80
              • Replies: 793
              • Total: 873
              • ★★★

There was a major change from v4 to v5. Now Ctrlr has a panel maker, you don’t need to assemble anything. If you want a controller for your unit, you have to do it yourself or wait till other user do it.

All you need to know is on this forum.

Filch
              Participant
                • Topics: 22
                • Replies: 173
                • Total: 195
                • ★★

Click the BBD link for panels uploaded to the database.

Which reminds me, I should probably put mine up there.

Otherwise, go the Panels forum for people posting on the panels they’re making.

wwjd
                Participant

so all the old panels (like 40) are gone now and starting from scratch?
                  Is the old version still available online somewhere? I can’t make panels

atom
                  Keymaster
                    • Topics: 159
                    • Replies: 2945
                    • Total: 3104
                    • ★★★★★

yes all gone and unsupported, the googlecode page has the binary builds and they’re still there, however i can’t provide any support/help for them cause the codebase has completly changed.

msepsis
                    Participant
                      • Topics: 219
                      • Replies: 732
                      • Total: 951
                      • ★★★

hey wwjd,
                      I didn’t mean to leave you hanging but it seems you’ve gotten some answers.

Yeah, people come here either to grab a panel for their synth, or to get involved by building and submitting a ctrlr for your synth(s)

Most of the people here are helping to support ctrlr by building panels for ctrlr5. The development of those panels is discussed in the "Panels, Components, Macros" page, the other threads are for questions from those of us busy building panels for our synths.

You’ll want to go to the "DDB" to download current ctrlr panels, the DDB (Device Database) is very recent, only a small handful of ctrlr panels have been uploaded to it.. lots of people who have built synths and posted them in the Panels, Components, Macros page haven’t realized that the DDB is up yet, so there are easily a dozen other panels built and usable. It’s worth a look around the "Panels, Components" threads to see if someone might have built a panel for your synth.

On the other hand if the panel you’re looking for doesn’t exist – you can build it. If you can click a mouse you can build a panel, it’s really not all that intimidating as it may seem. Additionally building your panel DIY is a great learning experience and opportunity to learn your synth inside and out.

also, like atom said the googlecode ctrlr page still exists – the panels there are old and nobody will help you with them but if you want to hit your head against a wall they’re still out there.. just highly recommended to move up to ctrlr5.

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                    There is currently 0 users and 92 guests online
                    No users are currently active
                    Forum Statistics
                    Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                    Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                    Ctrlr