Is yours working nicely?

Home Forums Platform Specific OSX Is yours working nicely?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    iii
    Participant
      • Topics: 3
      • Replies: 5
      • Total: 8

I justed tried a few editors on my OSX 10.6 machine, and can’t get them to work.

For an example, with Mopho editor, if a program is sent to my Mopho from Mopho editor, it seems like the connection gets broken down (no response), and the editor needs to be "Reset" by changing the output device in the options.

With Evolver editor, can’t really create a bank or program.

And, a channel with any of these editors plugged-in can not be muted in Ableton Live.

After reading postings on this forum, I am inclined to think that OSX versions are in a bit shaky condition.

Or maybe it is my computer or how it is setup? (Tried all, VST, AU, Stand-Alone version) Can’t be sure…

Is anyone having a good time with these editors on OSX? (10.6)

If so, with what DAW?

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

All editors are shaky, it’s all a work in progress.

Banks/programs are internal storage programs and banks and don’t reflect the devices storage.
        Sending a program means actualy sending a snapshot of all apramters (it’s a lot of data on the midi wire), so if your MIDI device has some crappy drivers it might cause what you describe. I suggest setting a delay for sending snapshots in the Advanced midi tabs and trying with that. The internal bank/program storage does not work and is not intended too yet i’m still trying to figure out how to merge the device program storage with the internal one, but you program will be saved with your DAWs project like any other plugin does.

iii
        Participant
          • Topics: 3
          • Replies: 5
          • Total: 8

hey, atom…

so, how much delay are you suggesting? i tried min / max / some between, but no change…

also, did not mean that storing programs to a synth itself. it is not possible to save programs in the editor, sometimes it the command in the menu grays out, or can not create new program or bank.

by the way, why integrating hardware’s internal memory with editor’s memory needed? is it because of the time it may take to send a program data? but could it possibly complicate things?

thanks…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • The forum ‘OSX’ is closed to new topics and replies.
        There is currently 0 users and 86 guests online
        No users are currently active
        Forum Statistics
        Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
        Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
        Ctrlr