JX-Programmer MKS-70 adaptation

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros JX-Programmer MKS-70 adaptation

Tagged: ,

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 147 total)
  • Author
    Possemo
    Participant
      • Topics: 14
      • Replies: 638
      • Total: 652
      • ★★★

I put the patchdumps from opuswerk, my old v1.08 and my new vecoven v4.0 together in one textfile to compare them. It looks like the opcode 35 (APR – all patch parameters) has been changed to 38. I don’t know if this is a feature or a bug but now it is clear why program-change is the only sysex string that still works – this one has not been changed (34). The opcode for IPR (36) seems like it has been changed too. I will check this out this evening.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Possemo
      Participant
        • ★★★

Hi there. Not much activity lately :). No problem, I will make a panel for the Vecoven OS4.0 myself. After all it seems that I am the only one here on the Ctrlr-forum that will be able to test it. It will take a lot of time because I too am busy with other things. But when I get something done worth publishing I will post it here.
        So long.

opuswerk
        Participant
          • Topics: 7
          • Replies: 102
          • Total: 109
          • ★★

Hey Possemo,

I simply did not have time to dig into the file you sent. It seems like the APR is completely different from the MKS70 one. So it means a lot of Lua needs to be rewritten. There’s so much that’s been added that it seems it should almost be another panel, with quite a different layout too.

I can definitely help you out when possible, but I too have very limited time to work on such a project, which is why it took so long to get it done in the first place. I’m the first one disappointed about this situation, but we all need to pay bills T_T. I wish I could focus more on music really.

Basically, it’s not so much work, but I guess it’s about 1,5 week fulltime. It’s just time consuming to make sure everything is working correctly, and making sure the panel is laid out in a useable and sensible way.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 11 months ago by opuswerk.

http://opuswerk.tumblr.com
          www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
          www.facebook.com/opuswerk

Possemo
          Participant
            • ★★★

Hi Opuswerk,
            I coudn’t agree more with you :´( Maybe the new Vecoven OS4.0 has a “PG800 compatibilty mode” which would mostly work with the actual panel. But I want a panel that implements the new features. It’s already in progress and some parameters are already working. If possible I use CC’s (not all Parameters react to CC’s) and I want to make graphic envelopes. When I get news (or when I am stuck somewhere) I will post it here.
            Thanks for your offer to help me out if necessary.

Ah, and I have to mention my promise to do the pwm-mod for you… I generally don’t
            say I won’t do it but I somewhat underestimated the amount of work. And there is a risk of turning your MKS-70 into a brick which I really don’t want to happen. But I can make you the following offer: When you get the pwm-kit someday we could do the mod together with my equipment. With two additional helping hands the mod would be done faster. I guess it would take two weekends at max.

Possemo
            Participant
              • ★★★

Hi,
              my panel for the [MKS-70 VecovenOS v4.0] is nowhere near finished but if someone is intested in the actual state I’d post it here. I decided to make the graphic envelopes not editable by draging the mouse. Just moving the knobs below the envelopes is much easier code and for me it cuts it. There is still a lot to be done. BendRange and KeyMode do not work but I will fix this in the next days. I would like to add some sort of librarian to handle a Bulk-Dump of the MKS-70 but this looks rather complex. Before I’l give a try on this I will add the code from opuswerk to be able to load a patch from the MKS-70.

You can already see the amazing amount of parameters the MKS-70 gets with the VecovenOS v4.0. I made two tabs for the upper and lover tone because of that.

Cheers

Attachments:
              opuswerk
              Participant
                • ★★

wow Possemo,

Your panel looks good, and more readable than mine. I still don’t know where that red color comes from…. Having the vertical sliders everywhere really helps to make the panel more compact. Might switch to that on the non PWM panel too. Same goes about the visual feedback on the enveloppes.

Sooooo many new parameters. It’s gonna be fun to have them update on patch dumps 😉 Good luck!

Possemo
                Participant
                  • ★★★

Hi opusewerk,

I’m glad you like the look of my panel. As you can see, the graphic envelopes do not need much code when they are not draggable by mouse. Yeah, there is still a lot of work to do on my panel.

Possemo
                  Participant
                    • ★★★

Hi,
                    current state of the “SuperJX OS4.x Editor” is BETA2 (you can download it in the panel downloads). This will be my last post in this thread about v4.x Vecoven upgraded SuperJX’es. I would just like to thank opuswerk for his panel “PG800c”. It helped me a lot to get into the SuperJX-Sysex and how you implement it in Ctrlr. As a tribute I put somewhere in the description “based on Opuswerk’s PG800c”.

midiquestions
                    Participant
                      • Topics: 0
                      • Replies: 12
                      • Total: 12

Hi, thanks for making this. I have a JX-10 and will be purchasing a Vecoven 3.whateverisshippingrightnow ROM chip. As much as I’d love PWM and the other features, I don’t fully trust my soldering skills to do such heavy mods, so right now I will be avoiding 4.x.

Possemo
                      Participant
                        • ★★★

Hi midiquestions. Yes, the 4.x is quite a heavy mod. With v3.09 you should be able to use Opuswerks’ editor (you find it in this thread). Maybe some day I will make a v3.x Version of my editor but at the moment I am busy with a lot of other things. Opuswerk’s editor has almost all features but Patch-Save-to-disk/Load-from-disk.

midiquestions
                        Participant

Great! In the meantime, is it possible to get the latest version of the Vecoven 3.x editor back in the “panels” listing? It took me fifteen minutes of digging through this thread to find it. Folks may not realize that 4.x is not just updated but a different system.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by midiquestions.
                          Possemo
                          Participant
                            • ★★★

This is Opuswerks editor, so he may do with it what he wants. If he thinks that it is still in beta stage and don’t want to list it in the “panels” page I think this is legit. You could actually contribute something and ask him if it is ok to put it in the panels page yourself. Every registered user can make a panels-page. But I’m afraid this will take longer than 15 minutes 😉

midiquestions
                            Participant

Wow man, I am trying to be helpful. Could you be more offensive? You must be having a really bad day…

And FTR, I *am* asking him, assuming he is subscribed to this thread; actually nobody asked you for your reply. I have no idea how this site works or who puts what where; I am just throwing out a suggestion. The only JX-10 editor that comes up in a search right now is the 4.x one, which many users will not be able to use.

quadraspleen
                              Participant
                                • Topics: 6
                                • Replies: 33
                                • Total: 39

@midiquestions I think I have an older version, as I haven’t installed my full v4 mod yet. Too much soldering and I’m too busy right now!

I’ll see if I can’t find it when I get in from work. @possemo: chill man. This is a collaborative effort. I edited one of the first of these panels made by Mr Mean. he was cool ,m as I’m sure Opuswerk would be. We’re all in the same boat, don’t forget! It’s all a learning curve and we are all sharing. Everybody who does stuff gets credit. Nobody is stealing. Chill.

opuswerk
                                Participant
                                  • ★★

Hello @midiquestions,

I see what @possemo meant, and I don’t believe he was offensive in any way. As @quadraspleen said, it’s all free and a collaborative effort.

I will try and put up my latest version in the panels section. I’ve been using it quite a bit, and I reckon it’s pretty solid with the 3.0xxx OS. A lot of time and effort has been put in it, and seeing how frustrated I was with my MKS-70 and not being able to edit it, I suppose I’m not alone. I should mention it also should work on Tone A of a less that 3.0 OS.

I was hoping to get some feedback on the panel before putting it up, but maybe it’s not visible enough ? Don’t hesitate to let me know if something isn’t working as expected.

Anyways, I am more free of my time now, and will be updating the panel to make it work in the best way possible, as I shall be using it more and more in the coming weeks.

Possemo
                                  Participant
                                    • ★★★

@quadraspleen: that’s what I think too, but I did not want to speak for someone else.

@midiquestions
                                    : I really didn’t wanted to be offensive. You got me wrong there. In short I just wanted to say: take it, change it or leave it. Is this offensive again? Maybe I better stop posting :).

midiquestions
                                    Participant

@midiquestions I think I have an older version, as I haven’t installed my full v4 mod yet. Too much soldering and I’m too busy right now!

@quadraspleen

I would love to get a copy of the older version, the one that looks like this:
                                      http://llamamusic.com/images/ctrlr2.jpg

The thing that puts me off about the v4 version is all of the extra knobs that won’t do anything…I would find that distracting while programming.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by midiquestions.
                                      opuswerk
                                      Participant
                                        • ★★

Hello @midiquestions,

I’ve updated the panel a bit and here is the latest version. The layout has also been updated as I found some of the ways @possemo did his were inspiring.
                                        I’ve attached a screenshot of what it looks like, as well the latest version of the panel.

Attachments:

midiquestions
                                        Participant

Thanks @opuswerk! I can’t wait to try it.

midiquestions
                                          Participant

I tried loading it, but I got a callback error, something about the envelope state?

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 147 total)
                                          • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                                          There is currently 0 users and 108 guests online
                                          No users are currently active
                                          Forum Statistics
                                          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                                          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                                          Ctrlr