JX-Programmer

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros JX-Programmer

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    quadraspleen
    Participant
      • Topics: 6
      • Replies: 33
      • Total: 39

I use the excellent JX programmer by Dear Mr Mean to edit an MKS-70 (works a treat) The NKS has two “tones” per patch whcih you can select from the front panel of the unit. The PG-800 then edits the sellected tone (I have a PG as well – the ctrlr panel is way better!)

JX-Programmer does not recognise that I have switched tones. I can only ever edit the tone it chose when I changed patches, and it’s not always the primary tone. This is because the JX8 doesn’t work this way, but the PG-800 does know I have switched tones (or the MKS only lets it edit the selected tone)

Any chance we could have a “switch tone” button? Or if the panel could recognise that I have switched tones on the unit?

Other than this, it is such a great panel. Thanks!

jake

DMM
      Participant
        • Replies: 46
        • Total: 52

Hi Quadraspleen,

Nice to hear you like it!

I’ve got a new version ready with some save sysex to disk functions.

You can import your old sounds then!

During the build I had a look @ the MKS 70 Manual and think it’s better/more easy to build

a dedicated panel for the MKS 70.

There are some nice extra features in the MKS 70 but I haven’t got a unit to test the panel.

quadraspleen
        Participant

wow, that’d be amazing..if it could be based around the PG panel it’d be even better..I’d lend you my MKS if you lived nearby..I’d be happy to test all of the functions and report back if/when you get round to doing a panel for it..do you have the full sysex imp pages? I can scan and send if not

Thanks again

jake

DMM
          Participant
            • Replies: 46
            • Total: 52

The midispec is in the manual so that’s no problem.

The GUI is almost a one on one copy plus a few extra knobs/buttons.

The biggest challenge is the sysexheader with the variable tone A/B byte.

quadraspleen
            Participant

You want me to grab the output when I hit the change tone button? (if there is one – I’m not sure what it sends when I do that) I have MidiQuest too..I could see if that has the string..I know you can change tones with it, I wonder if it sends a command to edit the selected tone – thinking about it, it must..

I’ll be back 🙂

quadraspleen
              Participant

I’ll tell you what though..The MKS-70 is a bitch of a synth to work with..I have quite an old OS (1.03) which I need to upgrade..I think it fixes some MIDI/sysex stuff..Even getting it to play the selected patch in Midiquest is a krypton factor job

quadraspleen
                Participant

Hmm…well, the swap tone button doesn’t send any sysex it seems. Thesysex needed to edit these tones is as follows..dunno if upon seeing one of these trings LUA could “swap” tone facia’s (I may be way off target here and this may be useless)

change tone A:

F0 41 36 00 24 30 01 26 08 F7

change tone B:

F0 41 36 00 24 30 01 1D 17 F7

If these are no good, let me know what it is I can do to help 🙂

jake

quadraspleen
                  Participant

EDIT: I’ve literally just used a command to move up one tone on both A and B. I guess one of those bytes is the tone (A or B) and one the actual tone number (I went from tone 6 to 7 on A and tone 23 to 24 on B if that[‘s any help)

You can only select tones 1-100 over sysex for any given patch

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                  There is currently 0 users and 52 guests online
                  No users are currently active
                  Forum Statistics
                  Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                  Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                  Ctrlr