knob sends 52-76 – how to use modulatorValue expression

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr knob sends 52-76 – how to use modulatorValue expression

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    msepsis
    Participant
      • Topics: 219
      • Replies: 732
      • Total: 951
      • ★★★

I have a semitone knob that only sends a CC value of 52 – 76. I’ve tried giving my uiSlider knob’s graphics only 24 frames, and yet I cant seem to get a clear graphical representation of the knob rotating all the way from far left to far right. only uses about a 10th of the full range of the png’s frames. I’ve tried a few attempts at writing an expression to get this knob to behave properly from a graphic standpoint (besides that it does what it should in the backend) but I haven’t been able to get the full range of motion through those 24 states for the knob..

I had some help here getting my arp tempo knob programmed to send 0-127 yet display 50-300. This is done with an expression of [code:2ujye6sb]modulatorValue/2-24[/code:2ujye6sb]… I honestly do not completely understand the pattern of what makes that do the trick but it does.. which is making me realize I still don’t completely understand the syntax of the modulatorValue expressions..

anyone offer me a hand accomplishing the above with my semitone knob? I’m also having a similar issue with the octave knob, it’s only missing the last frame of the knob graphic when rotated to the far right. The knob similarly sends a CC value 16-12 in increments of 12.

Thanks!!

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

Filch
      Participant
        • Topics: 22
        • Replies: 173
        • Total: 195
        • ★★

Avoid ModulatorValue expressions completely and try using a FixedImageSlider and setting values specifically :

"whatever"=52
        "whatever 2"=53
        "whatever 3"=54

or just the numbers if no value label is required :

etc

That is how I’m doing my octave and semitone knobs, they jump exactly to the right frame. I don’t even need to change my image export to the exact frames. Mine are all at 128 regardless of how many steps.

*edited for better coherence*

msepsis
        Participant
          • Topics: 219
          • Replies: 732
          • Total: 951
          • ★★★

Great. Thank you for the tip.

I never once have messed with fixed image sliders as I never understood the point. It seemed that when I loaded an image as a resource for this type of modulator it would only display one frame. this was probably back in rev 2xx i think, whenever it was that I last tried anything with fixedImageSliders.

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
        There is currently 0 users and 91 guests online
        No users are currently active
        Forum Statistics
        Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
        Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
        Ctrlr