Lua editor requests

Home Forums General News and releases Lua editor requests

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    msepsis
    Participant
      • Topics: 219
      • Replies: 732
      • Total: 951
      • ★★★

Besides being anxious for a fix to the current 1454 mac rev that allows scripts to actually be readable in the lua editor (currently due to a JUCE issue it’s white text on a white background…)

… could it be possible w/o causing issues to allow users to drag/drop a lua script from one panel to another? I’ve tried this obviously to no avail, it would simply be easier than creating a new lua script, copying pasting. ..

.. on that note it would also be handy if one could create a method directly from the lua editor, say under File>New Method… possibly even put a “Remove Method” in under the current “File>” menu as currently the only way (besides deleting from the “remove selected method” icon in the modulator’s properties panel) is to right click then remove in the lua editor.

These are fairly low priority suggestions but i think they’d be worthwhile workflow improvements if easily implemented.

thx atom!

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

I’ll build it today.

The new script can be create by right-clicking on top of the method tree.

I’ll try to implement drag and drop between different Lua Code Editors.

atom
        Keymaster
          • ★★★★★

I’m sorry i couldn’t get it done yesterday i spent all night on this.

I got Standalone and VST to build, but the AU version can’t use precompiled headers, without that, it builds for almost an hour. I can’t have that, i need to fix the AU build so that it build the same way as the others.

atom
          Keymaster
            • ★★★★★

The new nightly is up for windows and mac.

I added undo, i hope to make it more usable with a visual editor of actions that occured, but i’m waiting for some changes in JUCE cause there is a bit missing http://rawmaterialsoftware.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11694

some other stuff too

msepsis
            Participant
              • ★★★

undo is nice, I don’t see anything changed in the Lua editor on the mac, should I? Bummer that text in the lua editor and midi monitor is still invisible though 🙁
              That is a JUCE problem, right?

I’m getting a lock up when using getData()… is that depreciated? panels are crashing when I change programs from the panel and it took a while to figure out where – it’s right at something like:

programData = midiMessage:getData():getRange(7,180)

that ctrlr locks up and i get a spinning wheel of doom (mac)
              any ideas?

• This reply was modified 10 years, 9 months ago by msepsis.

atom
              Keymaster
                • ★★★★★

Nothing is deprecated, i’ll have a look if there is a problem with that.

Are you getting empty code editors, have you tried re-setting the font maybe ? I’m getting normal code editor contents here.

msepsis
                Participant
                  • ★★★

Yeah ctrlr 1491 on a mac locks up the moment i uncomment this line:
                  programData = midiMessage:getData():getRange(7,180)

and do a program dump from the synth. On earlier versions I definitely don’t get the lock up.

and yes check the screenshot attached.. all text in the lua editor is invisible. Where do I “set the font” for the lua editor?? Never had to do that before. I also have invisible text in the midi monitor, so for both what I’ve been doing is just selecting all and pasting to textwrangler.. kindof a pain, so if there’s a fix that’d be great.

I’m getting this on any mac I try, and I’ve seen this for the past several mac revs. If it helps I’ll go back to find the last ctrlr rev for mac that did not do this..

Attachments:
                  You must be logged in to view attached files.

msepsis
                  Participant
                    • ★★★

also, when i open any panel I’ve been working on from previous ctrlr revs, i get a message in a yellow bar at the bottom of the panel that i had to screengrab as it vanishes so quickly..
                    “Panel scheme is old or not defined, unexpected results may occur” .. this is new, what does it mean exactly?

atom
                    Keymaster
                      • ★★★★★

This is not relevant at the moment, but it means that you are opening an older panel with schema below 1 (1 is the default version right now).

getRange will crash any panel if the data is beyond bounds, this is a direct memory access, please chek with a different MemoryBlock, maybe just create one in the console and see if it works there.

The fonts look insibile the font in the editor is set in the Edit menu.

msepsis
                      Participant
                        • ★★★

getRange will crash any panel if the data is beyond bounds, this is a direct memory access, please chek with a different MemoryBlock, maybe just create one in the console and see if it works there.

the range is correct, the script works w/o issue and does what it should in earlier ctrlr revs.. I’ll dig into it a little deeper tonight if needed but what worked before should still work according to what you’ve said so I’m not sure what else I can do from my end to debug this…

The fonts look insibile the font in the editor is set in the Edit menu.

Never saw that before 🙂 Ok, very weird. The color attribute sets the background color for the editor, there is no font color attribute. I discovered that the font SIZE must be set higher than 16 otherwise the default monospace font will be invisible. Very odd. If i change fonts any other font renders fine at 16 point or smaller but the default monospace font doesn’t show up at anything 16 or smaller. Thanks for the tip on that font editor in the edit menu.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • The forum ‘News and releases’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                      There is currently 0 users and 95 guests online
                      No users are currently active
                      Forum Statistics
                      Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                      Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                      Ctrlr