micron: total n00b requesting assistance

Home Forums General General MIDI discussion micron: total n00b requesting assistance

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    theepurplemage
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 1
      • Total: 2

i’m totally new to this synth/midi thing.
      i’ve had the alesis for like 2 years now. was super pumped at first, got seriously bummed out on menu-diving, never touched it. now i’m deciding to see if i can edit patches on my computer, or i’m going to sell it. seriously, if i have to look at those awful menus ever again, i’m gonna smash it. it’s no fun. (wish i bought a better synth for my first one, like one with knobs or something fun to play with.)

so, i have a million questions. say it like i’m five.

i’m running windows 7 32 bit. i bought a midi in/out to usb cable, have both ins and outs running out of the micron to my usb. ctrlr with the miniak/micron panel.

i set the midi in to usb2.0 port whatever thingy. i set the midi out to usb2.0 porty-majig. midi thru? just shoot me now.

tried reading these forums. jargon and lingo is giving me a headache. i’ve got the midi monitor to detect actual key presses and stuff. i know it sees the synth. but i can’t get the lists to load. i think i have all the sysex and midi stuff set right on the micron. no patches load at all. nothing.

at first too, ctrlr gave me errors about not detecting midi. somehow that went away. tried it standalone and in fruityloops.

lists? saving, loading? ughhhh…..
      sysex what? what’s that?

does anyone wanna buy an alesis micron for like 100 bucks and then smash me over the head with it?

theepurplemage
      Participant
        • Topics: 1
        • Replies: 1
        • Total: 2

also, my device ins and outs had a frowny face and then they’re smiley again. i have a frowny, but it’s not going to be smiley again.

Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • The forum ‘General MIDI discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.
      There is currently 0 users and 71 guests online
      No users are currently active
      Forum Statistics
      Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
      Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
      Ctrlr