midi device selection in player

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr midi device selection in player

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Layzer2
    Participant
      • Topics: 21
      • Replies: 55
      • Total: 76

hi everyone, i have decided to take on the challenge of making a panel for the Yamaha TX-802 synth module
      this box truly deserves its own panel since its a classic and is such a pain to program with the front controls.
      anyway….here we go….

how do i make the available midi devices show up in the drop down list in a combo box i added to the panel that i assigened "modulator linked to panel property" = panelmidioutputdevice ?????

do i have to do something else? as it is now, all i get in the list is "no choices"

tia

layzer

msepsis
      Participant
        • Topics: 219
        • Replies: 732
        • Total: 951
        • ★★★

I’ve never tried it that way…
        but you could make the midi devices dropdown visible in the floating menu bar.
        that bar will appear when you load the ctrlr panel as a player or as a vst in your DAW, so there is really no need to add a midi channel or device selector box in your actual panel.

Still it’s a good question, I’m not sure what else is necessary to get that working.

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

Layzer2
        Participant

Ahhhh ok, i didnt see that option to put the device list on the toolbar… it being a player, i think those parameters should be more obvious and upfront somewhere in the GUI…. just my 2 bits.

thanks Msepsis…. the panel is coming along…will be posting a rough bpanelz soon.

Layzer2
          Participant

OK guys, here is my first CTRLR project… the Yamaha tx802. Ran into a few head scratchers getting the sysex
            figured out but so far so good. its coming along. this is the performance tweak page which is needed badly
            for those using the TX7 ver. 4 editor. this panel will have a voice editor tab as soon as i finish the performance
            editor part. congrats on a very smooth easy to use application for this purpose, Mr. Atom. I’m sure i’ll be cranking
            out more after this one!

Stoner
            Participant
              • Topics: 2
              • Replies: 28
              • Total: 30

I see this is a couple years old, but I see there was no answer given to the original question.  I too would like two list boxes, one for MIDI In device and one for MIDI Out device.

1) How do I get that information from the panel????  I can set the devices but I do not know how to access the information in the combo boxes.

2) Also, is there a way to ask Ctrlr to refresh this list without closing down the program?

@Atom
              , please answer both questions.  Thanks.

Stoner

atom
              Keymaster
                • Topics: 159
                • Replies: 2945
                • Total: 3104
                • ★★★★★

1) you don’t the midi device list is not available in LUA
                2) the device list refreshes only on start, there is no way to “refresh” it.

Stoner
                Participant
                  • Topics: 2
                  • Replies: 28
                  • Total: 30

Thanks Atom, that is a bit disappointing.  As the comboboxes on the panel  editor for the changeable values panelMidiInputDevice, panelMidiControllerDevice and panelMidiOutputDevice showed those devices when the combobox is opened and could be altered, I was hoping that those values could be grabbed and shown in a ListBox on one of my tabs.

Stoner

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                There is currently 0 users and 98 guests online
                No users are currently active
                Forum Statistics
                Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                Ctrlr