momentary button

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr momentary button

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    msepsis
    Participant
      • Topics: 219
      • Replies: 732
      • Total: 951
      • ★★★

before rev 470ish, I was able to set up a nice visual for momentary buttons, who’s LED lights red on mouseDown, and then turns off on mouseUp, sending a simple 00 message to a specified CC. I did this by turning "this button is a toggle button" off in the attribute editor for the selected button modulator. I just have two frames for this button, both contain the button, one with the LED off, second frame with the LED on.

I can’t seem to get this same functionality out of buttons lately.

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

Filch
      Participant
        • Topics: 22
        • Replies: 173
        • Total: 195
        • ★★

I was checking over your panel for the microwave and noticed those momentary buttons and wondering what you did to do that, now I know! Nice job

msepsis
        Participant
          • ★★★

*bump*

any way to get momentary buttons in 526? I’m not seeing it if so.

atom
          Keymaster
            • Topics: 159
            • Replies: 2945
            • Total: 3104
            • ★★★★★

Let me get it str8, you mean that the button pops back to state 0 on mouseUp ?

msepsis
            Participant
              • ★★★

no, I mean a button that has two image states (LED light off, LED light on) which only sends a 0 (or whatever value you designate) on mouse down, then sends nothing on mouse up.. This is for a panic, all notes off etc type button.

It was previously possible and working in my panel to do as described up until around rev 470 by setting a button "is toggle button" to off.. this worked previously but hasn’t since rev 470ish

msepsis
              Participant
                • ★★★

*bump* again

again this is for an image button.
                It sends only one value for a CC.
                I created a two frame png for this button, one with the LED off, one with the LED on.

I want the first frame in a normal state (LED off), but on mouseDOWN the second frame should appear (with LED on) and the single "00" message should be sent. on mouse up, the button should return to it’s normal state, with the LED off.

I want to use this for an "all notes off" button.

I also have a button that sends a dump request to the synth which needs to operate in the same way except that it sends one single sysex message, not a cc. ..

so a single button with two frames (off state and on state) to be used for single messages.. the second frame gives visual feedback that the button has been pressed.

thank you! Please let me know if this is already there and I’m just missing something. As mentioned before this was working previously just by giving a button a single value and ensuring "button is toggle" is not ticked, but hasn’t been functioning since about rev 470

atom
                Keymaster
                  • ★★★★★

No u are not missing it i just wasn’t touching any UI stuff cause i wanted to finish up some
                  LUA stuff. But it’s definetly on a TODO list keep checking that Changelog it will be there
                  asap.

Filch
                  Participant
                    • ★★

I see that this was implemented in rev 628, but it doesn’t seem to work for me with one of my uiImageButton’s. The second image state of ON doesn’t show up when I click on it.

Button is Toggle button is not selected, Button value is only "Request Program"

atom
                    Keymaster
                      • ★★★★★

The toggle button option is not needed anymore, it propably there cause you created that button in some older build. How does your image for the button look like, can you share an example ?

Filch
                      Participant
                        • ★★
                        "atom":l3g42089 wrote:
                        The toggle button option is not needed anymore, it propably there cause you created that button in some older build. How does your image for the button look like, can you share an example ?[/quote:l3g42089]

64×128
                        http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4488424/blofeld%20toggle.png
                        [img:l3g42089]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4488424/blofeld%20toggle.png[/img:l3g42089]

atom
                        Keymaster
                          • ★★★★★

Here is what i did in a few seconds, it should work, just drag and drop the attached component file on the panel

Filch
                          Participant
                            • ★★

That does work.. except

If I drag it onto my current panel, it disappears. If I drag it to a new panel, it shows up just fine.
                            If I cut and paste from the new panel into my panel, it’s there.

*shrug*

atom
                            Keymaster
                              • ★★★★★

well it needs to be on a panel that has the resource used inside it, you can just edit it and change the name of the resource in the XML

Filch
                              Participant
                                • ★★
                                "atom":1uboxlpo wrote:
                                well it needs to be on a panel that has the resource used inside it, you can just edit it and change the name of the resource in the XML[/quote:1uboxlpo]

I have this resource used many times in this panel.

Either way, I’ve copied from a new panel over to my panel and it works that way. Still weird that it disappears if I drag it directly to my panel

msepsis
                                Participant
                                  • ★★★

Old news but I’ve been away from this for a bit. Really happy to see we now have momentary buttons.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                                There is currently 0 users and 148 guests online
                                No users are currently active
                                Forum Statistics
                                Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                                Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                                Ctrlr