Mouse scroll wheel – unintended parameter changes

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr Mouse scroll wheel – unintended parameter changes

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dnigrin
    Participant
      • Topics: 9
      • Replies: 57
      • Total: 66

I have a problem with the mousewheel – it works fine to scroll the right handed pane up and down, but if the mouse happens to be over a numeric parameter that has colored horizontal bar range – "background image opacity" for example – the scroll wheel will change the parameter too. This is often unintended, and then I have to go back and fix that value. I think those parameters should only respond to mousewheel movements if they are clicked on first, to get the mouse focus.

This is using v5 revision 417 (and all v5 versions I’ve tried for that matter) on Mac OS X.

Thanks atom!

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

well mouse scroll is something that does not require mouse clicks, so in non-edit modes you’d have to click on something to use the mouse wheel, so i don’t think this is a good solution, don’t really know what is…..?

dnigrin
        Participant

Can you just disable response to mouse scroll for the elements in the right hand pane?

atom
          Keymaster
            • ★★★★★

you mean the property panel ? sure i can but i don’t know if thats a good idea either.

dnigrin
            Participant

Yes, the property panel. I understand the rationale for potentially wanting to have scroll functionality in the panel, but for me, I’d give it up if it meant not inadvertently changing properties I didn’t want to… BTW, I should clarify that I’m not talking about the turning off the ability to scroll the entire property panel up and down – just the ability to scroll an individual property’s value.

atom
              Keymaster
                • ★★★★★

allright i’ll see what i can cook up since i’m already doing work on that part.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
              There is currently 0 users and 88 guests online
              No users are currently active
              Forum Statistics
              Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
              Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
              Ctrlr