Multiple VST instances not possible

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr Multiple VST instances not possible

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    djmonte
    Participant
      • Topics: 2
      • Replies: 2
      • Total: 4

Hi,

I’m having an issue with the latest version of ctrlr. I cannot load multiple vst instances each with their own unique panels into maschine. Here is my workflow:

I am controlling two synths; a Studio Electronics ATC-1 and a Korg Polysix with midi. I’ve created panels for both synths in the standalone version of ctrlr. I then open ctrlr.vst in Maschine, and then import the atc-1.panel, and then export instance as atc-1.vst. I then do the same for the ploysix panel. In my VST folder I now have act-1.vst and polysix.vst. I rescan the plug-ins folder in Maschine and both instances show up. I load atc-1.vst into one group and everything is fine. In another group I load polysix.vst but maschine loads the atc-1.vst instead. This happens every time with out fail. I can also then clear both VST instances and just load the polysix vst and maschine still loads the act-1 vst instead. It’s as if Maschine only recognizes the first instance of an exported vst ctrlr. Each additional exported vst is ignored and Maschine always refers back to the first one created. I’ve done this same workflow with AU plugins and I don’t have this issue, everything works as expected. I’ve tried deleting preferences right before i export new vst panel instances hoping that it might write a new unique vst identifier or something but nothing has worked.

Can anyone please shed some light on why this is happening and how I can get Maschine to host multiple instances of ctrlr vst’s each with their own unique panels.

Thanks

Nick

PS. I did find a workaround but it’s way too cumbersome. Here’s how I did it: I load act-1.vst into maschine, then remove atc-1.vst from the plugin’s folder, then rescan the plugin’s folder, and then load the polysix.vst. Then both vst instances are loaded into maschine and work properly. However, if i close maschine and reopen it, both instances are again act-1. it’s like voodoo and it making me crazy!!!!!;)

zeoka
      Participant
        • Topics: 73
        • Replies: 466
        • Total: 539
        • ★★★

you have to re create your instances.dll but with 2 differents vst ID’s (and different from crtrlr.dll) it is in the panel property
        edit
        sorry notseen you have tried

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by zeoka.
        atom
        Keymaster
          • Topics: 159
          • Replies: 2945
          • Total: 3104
          • ★★★★★

I assume you are working on some OSX variant. Anyway this is a pain in the ass as some hosts use old VST loading api and some don’t. Now those that do, use the .rsrc file for finding plugins (instead of actually finding those plugins).

I added some code to work around this issue and i remember it worked with DP, but i never tested this with Machine. I’ll try to do that this week.

djmonte
          Participant
            • Topics: 2
            • Replies: 2
            • Total: 4

Thanks for the responses!

Atom – yes, I’m on osx 10.9.5 and Maschine 2.2.3. Thanks for looking into this. I really appreciate it.

Nick

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
          There is currently 0 users and 84 guests online
          No users are currently active
          Forum Statistics
          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
          Ctrlr