New nightlies (965)

Home Forums General News and releases New nightlies (965)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    atom
    Keymaster
      • Topics: 159
      • Replies: 2945
      • Total: 3104
      • ★★★★★

This is a highly experimental build that did not go through a lot of testing so be aware, however i’m doing this release cause it’s been too long and i need to set a point at witch i’ll start fixing bugs instead of adding/changing stuff. Anyway what’s new

– New threading model (yes it’s different then the previous new one). As with all threading stuff this might cause crashes and deadlocks so let me know.
      – A program manager for local programs (Ctrlr states)
      – New panel properties when in normal running mode, it’s a set of properties that users might want to change during runtime, you open them either by right clicking on the panel or by an icon on the panel (A HAl9000 like red eye)
      – The modulator list has been re-worked and is now read/write and it’s state is remembered
      – In plugin mode on MAC the windows won’t hide behind the main window
      – All the skinning UI stuff is gone and won’t be back
      – Some new UI options for vertical and horizontal sliders
      – The MAC builds are now universal 32/64bit binaries (that’s why the download is so big now)
      – MIDI is not sent on panel load, anytime the Ctrlr panel state changes a snapshot is sent (program changes or loads) and this is optional, this is because some devices don’t like MIDI messages getting in too fast so set your snapshot delay time and use that
      – The negative values for modulators were not handled correctly when automating in HOSTS it should be fixed now
      – I see people doing program dumps on their own with LUA, the whole idea in Ctrlr is to have that automated in the Program Manager, there will be a set of simple methods for doing automated dumps and writing them to the internal program manager so that the format of programs is unified. Theese methods will be very simple and will provied a way to communicate with the device in both directions (download and send programs). But i need more time for this, you current code for doing dumps is not a waste i’m sure you will be able to re-use it in this scenario. I just wanted to mention this for those of you who are planning doing something like that in the future. My advice is: if you’re not too far along with this wait a moment for the Program Manager to be finished and do it there.
      – Some features i’m planning are: finish the program manager (look the point above), add a randomizer with presets, add a program morpher with presets, add MIDI CLOCK generation option and also an option to send MIDI CLOCK based on the HOST timing info (i got some base classes for that i just need to integrate them to Ctrlr)
      – I have no idea what to do with Linux builds, how to package them and how to distribute them. I use slackware for my linux needs at home, though there is a whole world of distros and i it’s impossible for me to handle them all. Any ideas here are welcome i still can provide builds based on the latest Ubuntu release but that’s as far as I can go.

I expect loads of bugs and i know of many that i need to fix, and i promise to get fix them when i can. I’m going to a new job on monday so i might not have as much time as i’d want but that won’t stop me from doing Ctrlr i promise.

Filch
      Participant
        • Topics: 22
        • Replies: 173
        • Total: 195
        • ★★

[quote:j4fvdpsa]- All the skinning UI stuff is gone and won’t be back[/quote:j4fvdpsa]

Does this mean no custom knobs or backgrounds?

LilCthulhu
        Participant
          • Topics: 9
          • Replies: 67
          • Total: 76

It does crash on my current panel, will not even load it… I will try tonigth by disabling some lua methods and see…

atom
          Keymaster
            • Topics: 159
            • Replies: 2945
            • Total: 3104
            • ★★★★★
            "Filch":25ud2wic wrote:
            [quote:25ud2wic]- All the skinning UI stuff is gone and won’t be back[/quote:25ud2wic]

Does this mean no custom knobs or backgrounds?[/quote:25ud2wic]

no no just the program stuff itself like toolbars and fonts, all the panel stuff stays the same

Filch
            Participant
              • Topics: 22
              • Replies: 173
              • Total: 195
              • ★★

AH! Okay, phew!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘News and releases’ is closed to new topics and replies.
            There is currently 0 users and 99 guests online
            No users are currently active
            Forum Statistics
            Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
            Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
            Ctrlr