new nightly

Home Forums General News and releases new nightly

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    atom
    Keymaster
      • Topics: 159
      • Replies: 2945
      • Total: 3104
      • ★★★★★

It’s been a while. The new nightly is out there for the MAC and Windows. It’s the first Universal binary build for the MAC and possibly the last one, i think that PPC is going to get discarded soon in JUCE so i’ll need to drop that too.
      The new nightly build has a new look and a generaly new structure internally, you can alter the look and feel of Ctrlr (those parts that are not the panel), and create skins (.skinz files).
      There might be some bugs fixed but not too many, i’ll get on the bugs now that i’m finished with those changes (there has been more of them then just the look and feel stuff).

I had a block that i couldn’t get over and that’s why it took so long (those changes were actually done in a few days, the rest i just slept or watched bad tv shows).

Anyway i’m sure there are loads of bugs in the new builds so check them out and tell me what’s wrong.

dasfaker
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 80
        • Replies: 793
        • Total: 873
        • ★★★

Let’s start with old bugs / issues:

Ctrlr crash when using midiMessageReceived (each time a midi message is received by the panel)

Sometimes modulators are sharing vstIndex. I’ve tried to change it in the xml but when I save the panel in Ctrlr the vstIndex again change in some (if not all) modulators.

uiXYSurface and uiCombos: When I move the dot in the uiXYSurface, instead of modulating the element I choose in the uiCombos it modulates the list of elements of the uiCombos.

When opening Ctrlr it opens the panels I had opened the last time I closed Ctrlr. The problem is that many times Ctrlr crash when I close it, and the next time I open it the panel opened with Ctrlr isn’t the latest version of the panel, and several times I have saved the panel over a newer version (I hope you understand what I say).
        I would prefer that Ctrlr doesn’t open any panel at start up.

Max exported VST parameters: This option in preferences is not saved when I change it. It is always 256 when opening Ctrlr, so it is impossible to automate modulators with vstIndex > 256. Some times this option even it is not present in the preferences menu.

Right click on the panel in edit mode. If you are not in edit mode, right click doesn’t work. There is a case in which if I hide the main menu (this option doesn’t work in rev 865) and hide the toolbar, if I leave edit mode it is impossible to enter again edit mode, show the main menu or show the toolbar. The only option is to delete preferences.

The modulators list doesn’t sort correctly the modulators by numbers. If I sort by vstIndex, vstindex 100 goes ahead of vstindex 11

New bugs / issues

Ctrlr crash when clicking program manager icon.

The icon to test if a method has errors has disappeared.

The icon to close a panel is not present when opening a panel (even if it is placed before and the panel saved). I’ve not tested with other icons, but it seems that the toolbar don’t save the changes I make there.

atom
        Keymaster
          • ★★★★★

what i can clarify out of my head, the test method button is gone cause it was a bad idea.
          the panel toolbar saving might be broken now that i think about it.
          will look at the rest asap. it would be a good idea if you opened bug reports for those so i won’t miss them later on.

dasfaker
          Keymaster
            • Topics: 80
            • Replies: 793
            • Total: 873
            • ★★★

Ok, done. Thx

atom
            Keymaster
              • ★★★★★

thank you i’ll get on them today i hope.

atom
              Keymaster
                • ★★★★★

Most of the bugs are fixed i hope, i also fixed some other bugs i found and added a small feature that auto-saves the Ctrlr state at a specified interval, you can set it in the global settings. The vst index is now read/write you can set your indexes the way you want but you will need to reload Ctrlr for the changes to take effect, i hope to change that so that there is no need for a restart.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • The forum ‘News and releases’ is closed to new topics and replies.
              There is currently 0 users and 72 guests online
              No users are currently active
              Forum Statistics
              Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
              Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
              Ctrlr