New to ctrlr – basic questions

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr New to ctrlr – basic questions

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    sm_jamieson
    Participant
      • Topics: 8
      • Replies: 6
      • Total: 14

Hi, I am new on this forum, not yet downloaded ctrlr. It looks like exactly what I need. I want to create a control panel to add sophisticated midi controller functionality to a basic weighted midi keyboard. I will be reading the documentation in detail later, but please bear with me for a couple of basic questions.

1. Does the standalone version work well with windows touchscreens – things like latching onto the finger when it passes over the current slider position rather than jumping to the value, etc. ?

2. I want to create keyboard zones that fade in and fade out rather than hard switching – i.e. switch off the zone and the volume decrease for a period of time before a channel all-notes-off message is sent (this would be a godsend for live performance). Can the LUA scripting cope with call-backs over a period of time to implement this ?

Thanks,
      Simon.

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

1. Yes it should, JUCE is multi-touch aware, so you can manipulate multiple components at once, and touch input should work as expected

2. Yes, you can program timers and callbacks for multiple events.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
      There is currently 0 users and 46 guests online
      No users are currently active
      Forum Statistics
      Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
      Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
      Ctrlr