New to Ctrlr. Difficulty?

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr New to Ctrlr. Difficulty?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dannybaws
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 1
      • Total: 2

Hi there

I used to do a little bit of programming 10 years ago but pretty much suck at it. But can usually noodle around with the likes of CSS until something works.

How do you think I’ll get on making panels in this software? Is it quite easy to use? I don’t mind spending a little time getting to figure it out but don’t want to have to learn programming. It seems quite a bit of it is kinda drag/drop. I’ll give it a go tonight but any advice appreciated.

Also, when I want to create myself a standalone program, can I have multiple panels on the one screen? I’d essentially like to have 3 or 4 of my hardware devices stacked together so it’s nice and convenient.

Thanks in advance

Dannybaws

dasfaker
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 80
        • Replies: 793
        • Total: 873
        • ★★★

It really depends on the complexity of your panel. If you just want sliders and knobs to control your synths, no programming is needed. But if you want to deal with sysex dumps, librarian functions, drawing envelopes and so on, you’ll need to program.

About the second question, I don’t know if it’s doable with a standalone exe, never tried it, but it’s possible within Ctrlr app.

dannybaws
        Participant
          • Topics: 1
          • Replies: 1
          • Total: 2

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, all I want to do is basic MIDI out and maybe a patch saver which I guess would be a bit more complicated, but I’ll get the basics done first.

I’m on a mac is that the app version or is there a separate app?

It’s nice when you google something you are looking for and you find exactly that. It seems this Ctrlr is exactly what I need 😀

Possemo
          Participant
            • Topics: 14
            • Replies: 638
            • Total: 652
            • ★★★

There are Ctrlr versions for Mac, Windows and Linux. Created panels should run on any OS with Ctrlr installed.

As dasfaker said. As long as you don’t export an instance of your panel you can run many panels in Ctrlr. There will be a tab for each panel.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
          There is currently 0 users and 102 guests online
          No users are currently active
          Forum Statistics
          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
          Ctrlr