Newbie – Can someone pls help

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr Newbie – Can someone pls help

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Daz66
    Participant
      • Topics: 3
      • Replies: 1
      • Total: 4

Hi all.

I’ll try and keep this brief…

I am running ctrlr build 5.3.116 / juce 3.1.1 / libusb 1.0.19 on Win7 64bit and using a Roland JD800 panel. I want to control the various parameters of the synth via ctrlr. I am connecting the laptop to the synth via a USB to midi cable.

Problem: I have loaded ctrlr… on first startup I get the following error message:
      Callback error: metPanelLoaded
      At line [61]: [string “metPanelLoaded”]
      What: Lua
      Namewhat: global
      Name: buildPatchModulators
      Error message: [string ‘metPanelLoaded”]:61 attempt to call method ‘getObject’ (a nil value)

Method disabled.

I then hit OK and load the JD800 panel.

The display then shows the JD800 synth but I have more problems. First, my mouse cursor disappears whenever it sits on top of the keyboard but it reappears if I use the menu bar at the top of the screen. I can access the menu so I have set the midi input/output to USB for out device and in device.

If I use the mouse to press a key on the virtual keyboard, I can hear the real hardware synth make noise so it looks as if its established a connection. Unfortunately, I cant access or send any midi data to the synth… I cant download bank/patch data and I dont get anything transmitted to the synth if I use my ‘invisible’ mouse to change parameters on the synth panel.

I’ve tried reinstalling different versions of ctrlr and nothing has worked. I’m at a dead end and don’t know what to do next.

I’d really appreciate someone’s help.

thanks very much.
      Daz

dasfaker
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 80
        • Replies: 793
        • Total: 873
        • ★★★

These are common problems with old panels that have not been maintained and new Ctrlr versions. You should use Ctrlr revision 946, the one recommended in the license agreement, or correct all the code that throw errors.

About the mouse issue, search on this forum, as Atom published a fix for this.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
      There is currently 0 users and 89 guests online
      No users are currently active
      Forum Statistics
      Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
      Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
      Ctrlr