Newbie to ctrlr, not sure how to route the MIDI to my Virus?

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr Newbie to ctrlr, not sure how to route the MIDI to my Virus?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bruvvamoff
    Participant
      • Topics: 4
      • Replies: 7
      • Total: 11

Hi all.

I’m a total newbie here. I looked around in the forums and couldn’t find an answer to my question.

I have an Access Virus classic which I play using an M-Audio USB61 controller keyboard.

The MIDI travels from the controller into my Tascam US1800 interface, then out into the Virus.

I can play notes on the Virus if I open a MIDI track on Cubase, which is fine.

I downloaded ctrlr and added the Virus B panel which is identicle to the Classic.

The problem is the ctrlr doesn’t appear to be doing anything on the Virus, neither standalone nor within Cubase.

I checked the MIDI settings on ctrlr and this is what I have.

MIDI IN – USB 61, Tascam US1800

MIDI OUT – USB 61, Tascam US1800, Microsoft GS Wavetable

I’m not sure what I need to do next. I don’t know anyone, ANYONE who is familiar with ctrlr.

Any help appreciated, cheers/

Hecticcc
      Participant
        • Topics: 25
        • Replies: 160
        • Total: 185
        • ★★

Set midi in and out to the ports your virus is connected, set controller to your keyboard.

If in a daw as plugin disable the mididevice the virus is hooked up to, Ctrlr needs direct access. Then just point a midi track to the track containing the Ctrlr plugin, Ctrlr will handle the midi-routing to your device.

Also, after disabling the mididevice in your daw restart it, to make sure the device is not hogged by it anymore.

bruvvamoff
        Participant
          • Topics: 4
          • Replies: 7
          • Total: 11

Thanks Hectic, got it working now. Kinda.

Oscillators 1 & 2 and filter controls seem to work but lots of it doesn’t.

None of the effects work, and oscillator/lfo 3 controls do nothing.

How do I contact the original author of the Panel Virus B?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
        There is currently 0 users and 101 guests online
        No users are currently active
        Forum Statistics
        Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
        Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
        Ctrlr