Nightly Standalone

Home Forums Platform Specific OSX Nightly Standalone

Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    msepsis
    Participant
      • Topics: 219
      • Replies: 732
      • Total: 951
      • ★★★

Holy scroll wheel, batman!

For the sake of all our finger flicking, page scrolling sanity, id recommend using something like pastebin.com for such long pastes.

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

I tried building a nightly but a JUCE update broke the XCode compatibility, hope that Jules will get it fixed, though he is just premiering the new Tracktion software (it won’t be Mackie anymore), so he might be busy.

TK.
        Participant
          • Topics: 6
          • Replies: 42
          • Total: 48

@atom: does it make sense that we are going back to an older (compatible) juce revision, and stay at this version it in the next months to avoid such dependencies with your own sources?

Background: according to the download stats ca. 40% of Ctrlr users are working on a Mac – since the release process is too cumbersome for you, I tried to help out so that this user group (including myself) is serviced with bugfixes as well, and is able to give you feedback on the latest developments.

From my point of view the Ctrlr project could really benefit from a clear baseline across all resources (not only juce, but also boost and compiler versions). I’m willing to help you out – but I need your cooperation!

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• This reply was modified 11 years, 3 months ago by TK..
          TK.
          Participant

Addendum: according to the download stats of ucapps.de, 71 users downloaded Ctrlr_1209.exe, and 167 users downloaded Ctrlr_1209.dmg! (70%)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

atom
            Keymaster
              • ★★★★★

1) I’ll try to upgrade boost first
              2) I need to make XCode4 work with Introjucer and my projects, i really don’t want to but Jules said: ‘but Xcode 3 is rapidly slipping down my list of “things I give a fuck about”‘
              3) I need to make this iteration stable, there are at least 3 more major issues people are reporting that i need to fix.

After that we can try to bring ctrlr to a stable build.

TK.
              Participant

Proposal for priorities:
                1) stay at Xcode3 and VC2010, because it works at your side + stick at a boost and juce version
                2) fix the reported bugs
                3) work towards a stable release to ensure that existing panels are working (again)
                4) release a stable version
                5) create a new baseline
                6) update juce and boost, adapt the Ctrlr code accordingly
                7) create a new baseline
                8) update to Xcode 4 and VC2012
                9) create a new baseline
                10) think about the next generation Ctrlr (without considering that existing panels are still compatible)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

atom
                Keymaster
                  • ★★★★★

T.K. can you update the code from the correct repo (i relocated it to the SF.net new repository urls)

svn checkout svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/ctrlrv4/code/ ctrlrv4-code

I didn’t really update anything, i just fixed stuff around Ctrlr, no real code changes were made to make this work (the resource manager has changed but that has nothing to do with this).

Anyway this code should work on XCode4 out of the box, and it should compile with LLVM compiler (didn’t test gcc), also AU is untested yet. No need to change any source all the stuff is in the Introjucer project preferences

TK.
                  Participant

Thank you! 🙂
                    Standalone Build is working without changes, but AU Build is failing with compile errors.
                    Which Juce version are you using locally exactly? And would it be possible to document this somewhere in the repository?
                    “Using the latest version” doesn’t help if somebody else tries to reconstruct Ctrlr at exactly the same state as on your side some hours, days or even weeks later (can’t repeat it often again: a baseline over all resources is required).

My MBSID panel shows the same errors as reported here: http://ctrlr.org/forums/topic/rev-1220-and-missing-resources/
                    When loading it from a .bpanelz file, no images are displayed…

To all Mac users: you will find links to Ctrlr_1239_Xcode3.dmg and Ctrlr_1239_Xcode4.dmg in the header of this thread.
                    It would be interesting, if the Xcode4 variant works under MacOS Leopard and Snow Leopard (10.5 and 10.6) – if it works, I will only provide this build in future.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Bomma72
                    Participant
                      • Topics: 20
                      • Replies: 68
                      • Total: 88

Hi, can someone confirm that this is working with Lion?   The reason I ask is because I have been having a lot of issues with panels that worked in older versions, so I tried to use the demo’s that were posted at the end of this thread.

Lua in Ctrlr – list of frequently used commands

and I am also getting errors.  Since this was just recently released I would think it would work.  Can someone confirm that this build is working on lion?

• This reply was modified 11 years, 3 months ago by Bomma72.
                      atom
                      Keymaster
                        • ★★★★★

I’ll work on those issue later this week, i’m not at home and i can’t really code. I’ll check the errors and i’ll report JUCE git repository versions with svn commits and nightly builds so it’s clear at what point of JUCE repos i am. The luabind/boost will not change since it just works. There is a chance that someday i will update LUA (or move to LUAJIT) but this should also be transparent since it’s pure ANSI C.

Thank you! :)

Standalone Build is working without changes, but AU Build is failing with compile errors.

Which Juce version are you using locally exactly? And would it be possible to document this somewhere in the repository?

“Using the latest version” doesn’t help if somebody else tries to reconstruct Ctrlr at exactly the same state as on your side some hours, days or even weeks later (can’t repeat it often again: a baseline over all resources is required).

My MBSID panel shows the same errors as reported here: http://ctrlr.org/forums/topic/rev-1220-and-missing-resources/

When loading it from a .bpanelz file, no images are displayed…

To all Mac users: you will find links to Ctrlr_1239_Xcode3.dmg and Ctrlr_1239_Xcode4.dmg in the header of this thread.

It would be interesting, if the Xcode4 variant works under MacOS Leopard and Snow Leopard (10.5 and 10.6) – if it works, I will only provide this build in future.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• This reply was modified 19 hours, 17 minutes ago by TK..
                        TK.
                        Participant

@Bomma72:

Hi, can someone confirm that this is working with Lion?

I can confirm that the example is still not working.
                          It works when the midi message is set from an array, but it doesn’t work with “midi = CtrlrMidiMessage(requestData:getText())” which could be related to a conversion issue.

@atom
                          :

i’ll report JUCE git repository versions with svn commits

Thank you, this would really have saved some troubleshooting effort in the past! 🙂
                          Just write the juce git version into a file which is part of the repository, and which will be committed whenever you are doing “nightly” releases.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Bomma72
                          Participant

Thanks guys,  so should I just wait and use the old version at this point?

TK.
                            Participant

Depends on what are you doing… is it necessary to parse the SysEx command from a string, or would it help to define it in an array instead, such as “midi = CtrlrMidiMessage({0xf0, 0x01, 0x25, 0x05, 0x00, 0x00, 0xf7})”

This would be the faster (and preferred) method anyhow (IMHO…) – and it works with older Ctrlr versions.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

msepsis
                              Participant
                                • Topics: 219
                                • Replies: 732
                                • Total: 951
                                • ★★★

**see bottom of post 🙂

Hi TK, I could just experiment and try but I was curious if you had a recent nightly ctrlr build for osx (10.5.8 here) which you might recommend for real-world use?

I’m doing RPM 2013 this year, I’ve decided on sticking with albeton live and pro tools on the mac — I really would like to use the time to really bang my microwave XT ctrlr panel against a wall as a VST in live.. You know what I mean, give it some real world stress test. Many people seem to use ableton, I have pushed it off for a while but I’m really adapting to it nicely. I had used a whole slew of sequencers and daws in the past.. I never before worked with a sequencer that allows such a fluid path for making sketches and using those sketches to make compositions and final songs. It’s been incredible to use so far.. one could say I’m high on live now after only three days of RPM 🙂

Although my panel has thousands and thousands of lines of Lua I don’t think there’s anything too overly experimental in there.. really just a lot of getting and setting modulator parameters and a heavy dose of custom component drawing after getting bytes and creating arrays then getting from those arrays.

edit —
                                Ok I see a bin file as the latest nightly… what’s the implication there, we do our own builds for our os?
                                Also see some dmgs so atom are you back to rolling your own dmg nightlies now? (that’d be great!)

I know you hate macs, everyone has a reason.. I hate pretty much every OS and every DAW so I feel ya there but i do think it’s a good thing to provide a mac version, to be perfectly honest as much as I hate apple — when it comes time to be able to rely on a system to stay stable in my experience a mac as always proven the best choice. The me of 10 years ago would kick the me of now in the shins for saying that — but im not gonna hit my head against a wall for a decade unless it feels good 🙂

• This reply was modified 11 years, 2 months ago by msepsis.

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

atom
                                Keymaster
                                  • ★★★★★

Yes i built my own nightlies and also i made the source code repository independent of other stuff. That is you don’t need to download anything else just checkout the Ctrlr repo and you can build it on MAC/Win (for Linux you need to download devel packages for your distro).

Anyway boost/juce/vstsdk are inside (you need to unzip boost otherwise it’s over 100mb of .h files).

I updated the MAC settings in the Introjucer (there is one bug but that’s for JULES to fix), so it should be all there.

You can see in the Ctrlr->Help->About box all the details information about where and how was Ctrlr built this might be important for people doing different builds on their own.

I do mine on 10.8.2 with XCode 4.5 using LLVM (i tried to update to whatever latest versions apple gave me).

The .bin build is for Linux, that’s done on Fedora 18 x64.

TK.
                                  Participant

Excellent work, atom!
                                    The build works perfectly at my side without any modifications – hurray! 🙂

If you shouldn’t find the time to release updates in future, I will help out again of course.

Unfortunately with r1263 I’ve still the same issues like with r1239: the images loaded from the MIDIbox SID .bpanelz file are not displayed anymore. :-/

Best Regards, Thorsten.

atom
                                    Keymaster
                                      • ★★★★★

Yeah i’m working on a fix for the Resource manager, i just wanted to get the build environment working. Now that it is i can start actually fixing stuff.

— edit
                                      i found the bug and with the one small one i found on sunday i’ll re-do the nightlies for MAC again with the pre/post scripts fixed (Jules fixed those in the Introjucer)

• This reply was modified 11 years, 2 months ago by atom.
                                      quadraspleen
                                      Participant
                                        • Replies: 33
                                        • Total: 39

Hi,

Latest Mac build (1274) fails AU validation with the following:

Test MIDI
                                        ERROR: -4 IN CALL MusicDeviceSendMIDI

It allows me to tick it and open Logic.

Loads fine and seems to control stuff..

Will keep you posted

thanks,

jake

Bomma72
                                        Participant

Hey what is the latest build that is fully working with Logic on Mac?

Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)
                                        • The forum ‘OSX’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                                        There is currently 0 users and 97 guests online
                                        No users are currently active
                                        Forum Statistics
                                        Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                                        Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                                        Ctrlr