Nord Lead 2X/2/rack panel – current: [CTRLR rev 934, stable]

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros Nord Lead 2X/2/rack panel – current: [CTRLR rev 934, stable]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    msepsis
    Participant
      • Topics: 219
      • Replies: 732
      • Total: 951
      • ★★★

I’ve uploaded a nord lead 2x panel to the ddb, not all completely functional but 90% of what is there is functioning as it should. I use a nord lead 2x, some of the sysex stuff is slightly different from the NL2, but most of it will work on both a NL2X and a plain NL2

The panel will speak to [b:d4l3r794][i:d4l3r794]either [/i:d4l3r794][/b:d4l3r794]slot A, B, C or D.. slot A is MIDI channel 1, slot B is MIDI channel 2, so on. I did not program the panel to be able to speak to multiple slots simultaneously. That’s intentional as capturing that sent MIDI data in a DAW would require a track per slot anyway.

With this panel i decided to do all the layout design in ctrlr, instead of doing it in photoshop first as I had been doing. This worked well except for the fact that the layer order of groups doesn’t play well with the layer order of modulators, so if it looks like some modulators are missing, they’re there.. you just need to push some things back.. This will get straightened out.

I used a font not included in ctrlr or otherwise called "crystal clear" which is available for free download here:
      http://www.searchfreefonts.com/free/crystal-clear.htm

I’ll be updating the panel from time to time so be sure to check back for updates.

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

msepsis
      Participant
        • ★★★

Ok so I’m finally revisiting this panel. I got married last year, things have settled down a bit (finally) so I’m revisiting some projects, this being one of them..
        Any issues or wishlist items for this panel can be posted here, I’ll try to address them in my next round of updates.

msepsis
        Participant
          • ★★★

I’ve removed the bad beta (alpha) of this panel I had in the DDB and replaced with a working beta I just exported from the most recent stable winx32 CTRLR rev 934. This panel should work with the nord lead 2X.

This panel should also work with the rack version of the nord lead 2x, as well as the original nord lead 2.

There is no sysex dump request/modulator update logic worked into this panel yet… that’s coming soon.
          I’m likely going to collapse all the groups/layers to one layer and use a background skin in future revs of this panel as there turned out to be no good reason to arrange things this way, I was originally just exploring the grouping options w/ ctrlr. This kinda bit me in the end as things have changed a bit in recent ctrlr revs in terms of the placement and arrangements of groups / layers it seems.

Note:
          There is no way to remote control the slot (A,B,C,D) that the nord lead 2/2x is accessing from the synth. This was always intended to be a performance synth. Instead I’ve replaced the slot selector (although the components still exist out of the canvas’s bounds) with a MIDI channel selector as this is at the core what switching slots does – changes the midi channel who’s program’s parameters you are tweaking from the synths’ knobs, buttons, etc.

Also note that currently within the LFO2 section you must set the arp mode to "off" if you intend to use the "LFO mode" dropdown. I’ll work in some logic to make this more user friendly soon.

msepsis
          Participant
            • ★★★

I just uploaded a major revision to this panel.. basically recreated all the modulators from scratch in 934 as there were bugs lingering around from an older version of ctrlr.

cnt
            Participant
              • Topics: 0
              • Replies: 2
              • Total: 2

Can’t find the download link? Its not on Github deprecated either..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
            There is currently 0 users and 105 guests online
            No users are currently active
            Forum Statistics
            Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
            Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
            Ctrlr