override panel midi channel does not work?

Home Forums General Programming override panel midi channel does not work?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    msepsis
    Participant
      • Topics: 219
      • Replies: 732
      • Total: 951
      • ★★★

here’s the context:
      I’ve got a "PANEL SELECT" combo box that selects the panel’s midi channel, either 1,2 or 16.
      I’ve got:
      [code:29v00g5r]LOWER PART=2
      UPPER PART=1
      UPPER+LOWER=16[/code:29v00g5r]
      in the combo contents and the combobox modulator is linked to panel property panelMidiOutputChannel.

I then have two small uiMidiKeyboards on the panel who’s MIDI channels are set to ch 2 and ch 1.
      I check the Override Panel MIDI channel Yes/No button (have tried both ways – ticked and unticked as the wording of Yes/No in the GUI I suspect is just accidentally inverted)
      I don’t have anything else in the MIDI subgroup (type, number, value) selected besides the MIDI channel and Override button.

when I change the "PANEL SELECT" modulator the MIDI channel of both uiMidiKeyboards changes, despite my setting the "Override Panle MIDI channel" button..

I started to file this as a bug but I’m not sure if I’m missing something.. I played around with setting the message type to one of a few of the possible selections but with the uiMidiKeyboard components you don’t need to mess with the message type in any other circumstance.

Despite a few bumps here and there things are progressing amazingly with the last few updates, atom! Thanks!

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

I’ll have a look and see what i can find.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • The forum ‘Programming’ is closed to new topics and replies.
      There is currently 0 users and 106 guests online
      No users are currently active
      Forum Statistics
      Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
      Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
      Ctrlr