Problem with imported fonts

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr Problem with imported fonts

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dasfaker
    Keymaster
      • Topics: 80
      • Replies: 793
      • Total: 873
      • ★★★

Hi Atom

I have a problem using imported fonts. When the panel loads, almost all uiCombos and uiLabels that use this imported font display the default font instead of the imported font. If I enter edit mode, they have selected the correct font, and switching on/off any font parameter(bold, italic…) make them display the correct font.

This is with Ctrlr 5.3.35 Win 64 bits.

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

I need to have a look at this, i’ll try to fix that asap. Is it only Combos and Labels or ALL components ?

dasfaker
        Keymaster
          • ★★★

I’ve see this in combos, labels and lists, so probably everywhere.

atom
          Keymaster
            • Topics: 159
            • Replies: 2945
            • Total: 3104
            • ★★★★★

I just tried this with a TTF font on Win32/64 and Linux64 and it seems to work fine on both combos and Labels. I’d need either an example panel or more info to reproduce this problem.

dasfaker
            Keymaster
              • ★★★

I just tried with an empty panel and I can’t reproduce it. This is a panel that used a font installed on Windows. Once you added embedded fonts, I imported the font in the panel and uninstalled the font from Windows to avoid conflicts between both fonts (I renamed the imported font but it seems Ctrlr picks the name from inside the .ttf file, so renaming does nothing and both fonts have the same internal name).

But even uninstalling the font from Windows it seems that the panel still try to get the font from the system, and as it’s not there, it replace it with the default font.

I’ve searched in the panel and I can’t find anywhere any difference in the font selected for every component, as the route for this font is not visible. Every modulator I pick to check it’s font has assigned the imported font, so I can’t really know what to do, I think the best solution will be to use any other font.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
            There is currently 0 users and 90 guests online
            No users are currently active
            Forum Statistics
            Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
            Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
            Ctrlr