r526

Home Forums General News and releases r526

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    atom
    Keymaster
      • Topics: 159
      • Replies: 2945
      • Total: 3104
      • ★★★★★

okay so the buils is up, i can’t say it’s stable cause i know i didn’t do any good tests, what i know i changed

– tabs and groups should be working
      – all components can have a Radio group set, that will act as a radio button controller (only one component in the group can be "Active"), at the moment this applies only to ToggleButtons, but Buttons and ImageButtons are next
      – all components can have a MouseCursor
      – all components can be locked in position and size (requested)
      – property panel can be on the right
      – modulator linking is saved across panel save/open
      – floating toolbar fixes (a small handle is there so you can move it around easier, the midi device/channel combos react to changes made from other places and display the correct value)

Known bugs
      – when sending a component to a group/tab it will be placed in the same position it was on the panel but relative to the Tab/Group 0,0 point so if you have a component way down on the panel and send it to a group/tab it will be sent there
      but you might have to resize the Tab/Group to find it (i hope to fix it later on)
      – when sending a component from/to tabs/groups an additional right click is generated and you will see the popup menu appear, i can’t find the reason for that but i will look into it.

msepsis
      Participant
        • Topics: 219
        • Replies: 732
        • Total: 951
        • ★★★

impressive list of updates! ctrlr is the gift that keeps on giving.
        check your sourceforge acct in a minute – you’ve got another donation coming your way!

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

atom
        Keymaster
          • ★★★★★

Thank you for all the donations.

I also know there are some bugs in this release, but i am working on removing them.

Filch
          Participant
            • Topics: 22
            • Replies: 173
            • Total: 195
            • ★★

Is it possible to not have the selection rectangle permanently on when locking a component?

Filch
            Participant
              • ★★

I’m also seeing double midi messages being sent out for a single parameter change, whether it be CC or sysex.

atom
              Keymaster
                • ★★★★★

can you be a bit more specific, witch UI components is sending them, what properties does it have and so on.

Filch
                Participant
                  • ★★

Every device I have on my panel currently

uiImageSlider, uiFixedImageSLider, uiCombo, uiImageButton

Whether they are set for CC or for sysex, they output double midi message. 2 identical strings for every one parameter change.

I found a single uiFixedImageSlider that is putting out a single sysex message correctly, but the only difference between that one and several others is it’s unique name and their sysex parameter ID. Everyother one is sending out 2 messages.

the uiImageButtons, also sysex, are sending 3 on messages, and two off messages.

Most of these devices were copied and pasted from another device in the panel and then had their CC number, sysex string, and unique name changed. I don’t know if that makes a difference or not.

I loaded version 504 and the problem went away. Any other specific parameters you want me to post? There’s a lot of them so I wasn’t sure which you’re looking for.

atom
                  Keymaster
                    • ★★★★★

no need i think i see the problem i’ll try to fix it in the next build.

Filch
                    Participant
                      • ★★

I’ve come up on a new bug. If I have 14 or less midi devices, I can activate them all fine and they work normally. But when I have 19 devices available (adding a motu micro lite), I have problems when selecting some midi ports for activation.

For example, if I activate my Waldorf Blofeld driver, it selects that, but also my Multiface out. The blofeld stays grey, but the multiface is green. And when I go to the panel dropdown on the panel to select which output to use, the Blofeld doesn’t show up. It’s missing. If I deactivate either, they both deactivate.

I’ve left the micro lite plugged in and unplugged a motu 128, and the problem goes away. So it’s not the microlite that is causing the issue. What I know is the problem occurs at some point when my available midi devices are somewhere between 15 and up.

msepsis
                      Participant
                        • ★★★

Filch –
                        When you say "panel dropdown on the panel to select which output to use" do you mean the long floating toolbar?
                        I’ve noticed when adding MIDI devices since your panel was saved last, you need to go into edit mode, select the panel bg and select the newly added port/device in the panel editor first, before it will appear as a selectable device in the floating tool bar…

Filch
                        Participant
                          • ★★

Yah, the Panel Properties drop down.

But I notice there’s a problem at just activating the ports from the ctrlr Devices menu. When you activate the Blofeld port for use, it turns green and a checkbox appears next to it. I can then select it from the panel dropdown. But if I have more than 14 devices, when I specifically select Blofeld (blofeld has its own usb port) , it get’s a check mark, but it doesn’t turn green. At that same moment I select it, my Multiface port gets checkmarked and turns green. The panel dropdown will then show the Multiface, but not Blofeld.

It also works reverse. In the Devices menu, If I select Multiface, it turns green and gets a checkmark, but it also selects the Blofeld and gets a checkmark but not turn green.

So I know this happens when I have 19 midi devices to select from, I know it fixes itself if I drop down to fourteen or less (removing one of my various usb midi hubs). So I’m thinking this breaks at some point at 15 or higher. I don’t have single midi devices to plug in to add one at a time, but I can use a midi loopback app to add ports one at a time. I’ll try that and see if I can figure out at which point it breaks.

Do you have more than 14 devices selectable, are you having any issues when selecting?

**edit**
                          I figured I should specify that I’m using Windows 7 x64 sp1

Filch
                          Participant
                            • ★★

Just tested this by adding one Loopbe midi port at a time and it starts to exhibit the behavior I described when I reach 18 total ports selectable.

msepsis
                            Participant
                              • ★★★

good test, I might look at this some time this weekend too – you’re probably right about what’s going on.. you should just file a bug report at this point.

Filch
                              Participant
                                • ★★

I thought about filing the bug, but I wanted to be sure it wasn’t something weird on my end only. I’ll submit one so it can be looked into.

sawan
                                Participant
                                  • Topics: 3
                                  • Replies: 23
                                  • Total: 26

is there any backward compatibility with older ctrlr panels?

atom
                                  Keymaster
                                    • ★★★★★

yeah i found that bug with the midi devices, should be fixed now.

Filch
                                    Participant
                                      • ★★
                                      "sawan":2lrb46o1 wrote:
                                      is there any backward compatibility with older ctrlr panels?[/quote:2lrb46o1]

negatory

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
                                    • The forum ‘News and releases’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                                    There is currently 0 users and 89 guests online
                                    No users are currently active
                                    Forum Statistics
                                    Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                                    Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                                    Ctrlr