Rev. 1220 and missing resources

Home Forums General News and releases Rev. 1220 and missing resources

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    dasfaker
    Keymaster
      • Topics: 80
      • Replies: 793
      • Total: 873
      • ★★★

I’m getting all kind of problems with the resources of my panels.

On many occasions I open a panel and it is missing the resource graphics (sometimes all of them, sometimes some of them) so I have to reload them. Especially if the panel opens with some Lua error.

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

I’m working on the resources right now, i noticed those problems myself. I know what might be the cause here and i hope to fix it today/tomorrow and post a fix.

Also it’s not a real bug in a sense that this was planned, if you add resources to a panel they are global (shared across panels to save space), when a panel is exported it reports what resources it’s using, that is sometimes you switch resources via LUA or some other methods, and those unused at the moment resource won’t get exported. A special tick-box will be added to always export a resource within a panel, also a much better LUA api for resources is on it’s way (almost done with that)

• This reply was modified 11 years, 3 months ago by atom.
        dasfaker
        Keymaster
          • ★★★

Good to know, this sounds cool.

dasfaker
          Keymaster
            • ★★★

I’m still having the same issues with the resources in rev. 1223.

msepsis
            Participant
              • Topics: 219
              • Replies: 732
              • Total: 951
              • ★★★

If this occurs, for now, just close the panel, close ctrlr then remove the ctrlr settings file, or hit ctrl+r when restarting ctrlr. That has been a faithful way to get around this current issue unless you start closing and opening panels again.

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

dasfaker
              Keymaster
                • ★★★

Thanks msepsis, solved.

atom
                Keymaster
                  • ★★★★★

1223 is highly experimental, don’t expect any stability from it, a lot has changes and there is a warning in the Changelog.

atom
                  Keymaster
                    • ★★★★★

Also if you can provide an example panel that causes problems that would be great, so far i had no problems but i need something for testing to be sure.

atom
                    Keymaster
                      • ★★★★★

Also check out the current Rendering DEMO and see if you get the resources (there should be two images not used by any components but they should be imported on load anyway)

dasfaker
                      Keymaster
                        • ★★★

Problems persist in rev 1228. Look at the attached panel, it has modulators that change other’s resource images. Sometimes the panel open fine, sometimes its missing some images and sometimes miss all images. Even resources loaded correctly can disappear after changing resources with LUA.

Don’t know if the panel attached has all the resources. The resource list has a buggy behaviour when I click on Export (problems when I scroll the list, some items are deselected, other can’t be deselected…)

Attachments:
                        You must be logged in to view attached files.
                        atom
                        Keymaster
                          • ★★★★★

Try it now, i added Layer editor menus and tried to fix the resource editor so that the toggle buttons work as they should.

dasfaker
                          Keymaster
                            • ★★★

Hi Atom

The layers window it’s now fine. But the resources problems persist with rev. 1231.

Stoner
                            Participant
                              • Topics: 2
                              • Replies: 28
                              • Total: 30

I came up with a few issues (not layer related) but with images not showing up correctly. Very flaky.  But found message from Atom about the config state saving on the Mac.  On the PC it is located in Users\<Current User>\AppData\Roaming\Ctrlr and the file is Ctrlr.settings which should be deleted or renamed to .sav or .old.  Them reload the panels and they work again.  Not sure if that is your issue, but it was my issue.

Stoner

dasfaker
                              Keymaster
                                • ★★★

Doing that solves the issue temporally. The fist opened panel after deleting Ctrlr.settings file has all resources, but after saving the panel or loading another one the resources can be missing.

Right now I must close Ctrlr and reopen it again pressing Ctrl + R each time I save the panel

atom
                                Keymaster
                                  • ★★★★★

This was too long, the idea was to have a global resource manager. But now i see my mistake, i’ll give each panel it’s own resource manager, no sharing and problems. Whatever resources you add you export no exceptions/inclusions/lists. I thought it might be better as a global instance, but since JUCE keeps a global Font cache and a global Image cache i don’t need to fix what’s already there.

dasfaker
                                  Keymaster
                                    • ★★★

Hi Atom

This issue is still present in rev. 1238. When there are resources that change dynamically they disappear.

dasfaker
                                    Keymaster
                                      • ★★★

Hi Atom
                                      This issue is present still with rev 1263. I even attached a panel showing this problem (never knew if you tested it).

In the example panel, change the “efx type” to change a back image. Use the arrows keys to go up and down trough the list and after doing this several times, resources start to disappear showing “Invalid Resource”.

The resources are shown the first times they are called, but finally they aren’t loaded any more.

atom
                                      Keymaster
                                        • ★★★★★

I’d love to help but your panel lacks resources, this is what resources are in the bpanelz file (attached in the forum):

(25820619.8) CtrlrPanelResourceManager::restoreState
                                        (25820620.3) 	savedState type=resourceExportList
                                        (25820620.8) 	savedState children:7
                                        (25820621.4) 	processing child type=resourceImage name=MC505_Knob
                                        (25820684) 	processing child type=resourceImage name=MC505_Knob2
                                        (25820737.9) 	processing child type=resourceImage name=MC505_Knob0
                                        (25820747.9) 	processing child type=resourceImage name=MC-505_Button_Black
                                        (25820754.3) 	processing child type=resourceImage name=MC-505_Perf_Label1
                                        (25820764.8) 	processing child type=resourceImage name=MC-505_Perf_Background
                                        (25820846.5) 	processing child type=resourcePanelSnapshot name=

The missing resources that show up come from the uiImage component that you change in LUA, you set it’s resource image to variations of 505_Perf_Label1 but those resources are simply not there. Please provide a panel with all the resources. Unless that’s the problem and when you export a panel you don’t get all the resources then please zip them up in a file and attach this zip too.

dasfaker
                                        Keymaster
                                          • ★★★

Here’s again, the zip contains a bpanelz with resources and .png resources if the export fails.

Attachments:
                                          You must be logged in to view attached files.
                                          atom
                                          Keymaster
                                            • ★★★★★

Try it now, it wasn’t really a resources issue, all resources get imported ok, it’s the way the ImageCache was handled.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
                                          • The forum ‘News and releases’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                                          There is currently 0 users and 100 guests online
                                          No users are currently active
                                          Forum Statistics
                                          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                                          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                                          Ctrlr