Rev 1509 troubleshooting

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr Rev 1509 troubleshooting

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    zeoka
    Participant
      • Topics: 73
      • Replies: 466
      • Total: 539
      • ★★★

Hi
      I’ve tried the last rev
      I miss something ?
      All LUA scripts don’t work i had several callback errors at startup for the first time and nothing after : no lua , no error , nothing.
      I don’t use timers yet and scripts was ok before and i’ve chek the preference option “lua disabled” all seems normal except the message at the bottom :
      “panel scheme is old or… … unexpeted error may…”
      What i can do , please ?

msepsis
      Participant
        • Topics: 219
        • Replies: 732
        • Total: 951
        • ★★★

same thing here on a mac. I just went back a rev as I couldn’t figure anything wrong with the panel as it works fine in previous revs.

The one weird thing I have to report regarding the most recent nightlies is that any custom menu styles do not apply to a restricted instance export. When I open the exported instance the menu bar has the default style applied.. Not a huge big problem but it’s probably not supposed to be like that.

I didn’t spend much time troubleshooting the issue you’re reporting, zeoka but I saw the same thing.. I just went back a rev and things seemed fine.

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

zeoka
        Participant
          • ★★★

The one weird thing I have to report regarding the most recent nightlies is that any custom menu styles do not apply to a restricted instance export. When I open the exported instance the menu bar has the default style applied.. Not a huge big problem but it’s probably not supposed to be like that

in normal instance it is applied but when i re open Ctrlr it is not here
          i must close the panel and open it again.

I found little errors in few on my scripts i ve re-saved the panel.

When i dump to Ctrlr all scripts seem to work but they don’t by themselves

i think panel scheme is a new feature , may we can apply something or refresh it ?

Grouping methods in not possible (enter a method in a group)
          the dump toCtrlr get trouble

No problem to revert

• This reply was modified 10 years, 10 months ago by zeoka.
          msepsis
          Participant
            • ★★★

Besides the bit I mentioned above regarding custom menus and restricted instances here are a few other little things to add, this is all on 1494 mac (10.6.8) since I went back from ctrlr rev 1509:

midi monitor, Lua editor, Lua Console – font is invisible, same as lua editor for any pre ~1451 saved panel, but there’s no place to set the font for midi monitor or Lua Console like in the lua editor. Fix in the lua editor is to change the default font size from 14 to 17, or play with different fonts. Some other fonts and various sizes do not display at all. weird.

in the Lua editor it seems I can’t drag methods into groups or folders. I drag/drop, the screen refreshes but still 0 items in folder. same after closing/re-opening the lua editor or saving/closing/opening the panel.

zeoka
            Participant
              • ★★★

Cool Atom
              the two problems (bar menu & group method)are solved in 1512 revision

But how about panel scheme ? my scripts are working only when i get a sound from synth.
              and the dump seems to be in several steps.
              Pretty sure panel scheme is the starting point: LUA handle scripts but not mods or labels

atom
              Keymaster
                • Topics: 159
                • Replies: 2945
                • Total: 3104
                • ★★★★★

The panel scheme is not the problem, it’s just a number i started assigning to new panels (the old ones don’t have it).

I’ll use that number when i’ll be changing any already existing XML data, so that i can implement some sort of “upgrade” functionality, so that older panels can be easily migrated to newer Ctrlr versions.

It has no impact on anyting Lua related. The warning you get at the start just checks if the panel scheme is 1 or abobe, if it’s not there it will cause that yellow warnning.

msepsis
                Participant
                  • ★★★

here’s my obligatory plea for the previous fixes to be applied to the mac nightly. 1509 didn’t work for me on a mac (as previously mentioned) would love to get my custom menu in my exported restricted instances!

Is there any way we can trick the panel into not flashing the yellow warning if it’s at this point benign? I might know that but the users of my panel are generally freaking out over it. Maybe hide it completely from restricted instances??

zeoka
                  Participant
                    • ★★★

thank you to clarify the panel scheme point

r1460 lua works but r1509-1512 lua does not working for me

the menu bar custom color seems do something in the xml script itself because it works in 1460 now…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                  There is currently 0 users and 71 guests online
                  No users are currently active
                  Forum Statistics
                  Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                  Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                  Ctrlr