rev 709

Home Forums General News and releases rev 709

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    atom
    Keymaster
      • Topics: 159
      • Replies: 2945
      • Total: 3104
      • ★★★★★

Since i didn’t do anything lately i did a bug fix build for windows, some stuff that changed

Done stuff:
      – fixed the modulator list bug
      – added a selective open option and a XML preview for each element when opening foreign panels (very useful when something is not working)
      – removed the Save/Save as from the main menu bar, use only those in the panel toolbar (this has to be unified in one place)
      – added a DeviceDB icon witch does not do anyting for now
      – added a XY component witch does not work in terms of midi, but you can play around with it’s options and make it look like you want i’ll add the rest asap
      – some fixes in the resource manager (you can add multiple files at once, the last browsed path is remembered)

Stuff discovered but not fixed:
      – Custom fonts that are used in LCD Label don’t work on Linux, and it’s hard to debug this cause it’s something low level (even below JUCE) i’ll try to fix that but it might take a moment
      – A hint for linux users, try to build Ctrlr yourself, checkout the source code from SVN and go into Builds/Linux_Standalone and type make, fill in the dependencies on your system (boot, alsa, xinerama, xorg) and it should build

Just to update you on my status, i was doing some job hunting and i was stressed to the max also there is something wrong with my sinuses it hurts like hell and it’s hard to do anything, that’s why it’s going that slow.

msepsis
      Participant
        • Topics: 219
        • Replies: 732
        • Total: 951
        • ★★★

all the fixes and new features / enhancements are great!!
        The X-Y panel is hot. The resource manager enhancements will be a huge time saver.
        I was really excited when I saw that DeviceDB icon.. every update brings something cool, our suggestions realized in very little time – you are a rock star.

I’m not sure if it’s possible but it would be great if we could copy and paste the contents of the modulator list into a text file (for printing) or heck even allow printing from the modulator list? Either way the list is a HUGE help.

thanks for it all and I wish you all the best – what kinds of jobs are you hunting for? are you willing to relocate??
        Please take care of yourself and get well soon!!

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

atom
        Keymaster
          • ★★★★★

What sort of a format would that "export" of the modulator list have? and what purpose do you see in such a feature, it’s not that hard but i don’t see what would that be useful for.

msepsis
          Participant
            • ★★★

Well it’s not necessarily the need to export the list as much as it is to physically print the list on paper.
            I like to kill trees when I’m going over my code and cross referencing things such as the unique names in the panel vs unique names in my panel’s midiMessageRecieved script.. there are 250ish modulators on this panel.

atom
            Keymaster
              • ★★★★★

I uploaded a quick fix build, r712 the XYpad should work

i also added another debugging utility, you can log messages to a file when the Ctrlr starts and run, just use the .overrides file in the DOC directory, copy it to where your Ctrlr is and rename it to whatever your executable is named (Ctrlr.exe->Ctrlr.overrides Ctrlr_VST.dll->Ctrlr_VST.overrides). The options are really simple, the log file will be named the same as the executable but with a .log extension.

msepsis
              Participant
                • ★★★

the xy modulator is awesome. Thank you Atom.

I wanted to follow up on my comment suggestion about printing the mod list – the other very useful application of being able to select the text in the mod list is when it comes time to write the midiMessageRecieved script.. there’d be no need to print out the list on paper to cross reference if I were to be able to simply copy and paste all the ctrlr’s unique names… capish?

atom
                Keymaster
                  • ★★★★★

i think i get it. what i’d need to knwo from you is the columns that would be on that list (for now the columns are mostly Component centric) maybe the MIDI type the sysex message, whatever, hit me with a list of columns for the modulator list and i’ll add that and try to make that printable.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • The forum ‘News and releases’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                There is currently 0 users and 84 guests online
                No users are currently active
                Forum Statistics
                Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                Ctrlr