Send only "edited" parameters on startup

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr Send only "edited" parameters on startup

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dby
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 1
      • Total: 2

Hello, I’m new to Ctrlr and I have made a basic panel for my DSI Tetra.

Now what I would like to achieve is a way to have all important parameters mapped to my BCR2000, ready to be edited or automated, while being able to call a factory preset on the synth and edit only some of the parameters. So when I load the song again, a program change sets the right factory preset, and only the parameters I edited is sent to update the synth.

How can I control which parameters are sent? And when?
      Also could I control at what rate they are sent? I’m also running an old C64 with Mssiah cart, and it can only receive at a slow pace.

I’m not much of a programmer, and I’d rather be making music than setting up software. But hopefully it’s worth the effort.

stoecklem
      Participant
        • Topics: 2
        • Replies: 22
        • Total: 24

Im new to ctrlr too and could be wrong, but it probably cant do that and i think snapshots and program manager features are still being implemented. Interested to see how things will work. That would be super awesome. I think motu unisyn might have been able to do that.

atom
        Keymaster
          • Topics: 159
          • Replies: 2945
          • Total: 3104
          • ★★★★★

You can exclude parameters from beeing sent during snapshots it’s a property for each modulator, that’s not a problem.

dby
          Participant
            • Topics: 1
            • Replies: 1
            • Total: 2

Great! I found the property "Modulator does not output any MIDI during startup" and "Don’t send this modulator during snapshots". How could I control the state of a property easily? Is it possible to add a toggle button to control the state? Or map the property to MIDI? Or would I have to go into edit mode each time I’d want to change it?

atom
            Keymaster
              • Topics: 159
              • Replies: 2945
              • Total: 3104
              • ★★★★★

I’ll definetly add this to the panel properties that are available in non-edit mode (i’ll be calling that play mode). I just didn’t add a lot to that screen yet, but that will be there and much more (right click on a panel, or click the RED EYE OF HAL icon on the panel toolbar to show those properties)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
            There is currently 0 users and 74 guests online
            No users are currently active
            Forum Statistics
            Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
            Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
            Ctrlr