Send Sysex on mouse release

Home Forums General Programming Send Sysex on mouse release

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Possemo
    Participant
      • Topics: 14
      • Replies: 638
      • Total: 652
      • ★★★

I am trying to make a panel for a synth that only recognizes a whole sysex patch dump. MidiQuest has an elegant way to handle this: it sends a slider value (the whole patch with the altered value) on mouse release. Sending the whole patch at every modulator value change would probably crash the synth. Is there a way to do this in Ctrlr/Lua? This would probably be useful for a lot of old synths.

dasfaker
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 80
        • Replies: 793
        • Total: 873
        • ★★★

I think it’s not necessary to do it on mouse release. You can send it when modulator value change. The trick is to setup a timer that sends the data in intervals of time instead of every time a value change, but you must be sure that the last value change is always sent.

Possemo
        Participant
          • Topics: 14
          • Replies: 638
          • Total: 652
          • ★★★

Thanks dasfaker. I will try this out. Btw. I am on a Moog Source with the Encore SMK MIDI interface. It sends and receives two 4-bit nibbleized sysex bytes for each parameter. So most parameters have a resolution of 256 steps. To put this dump together will probably make some lag anyway. I will see how the SMK-Source reacts to this. The SMK upgrade dates from 1991, it is therefore already “vintage” itself altough the firmware has been updated from time to time.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Possemo.
        Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • The forum ‘Programming’ is closed to new topics and replies.
        There is currently 0 users and 92 guests online
        No users are currently active
        Forum Statistics
        Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
        Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
        Ctrlr