sending several NRPN-parameter changes at once

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr sending several NRPN-parameter changes at once

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ooze
    Participant
      • Topics: 8
      • Replies: 18
      • Total: 26

Hey Atom, so an upgrade of the rozzbox-editor could be possible with the support of its helpful & kind developer Kilian. But he said that, in order to edit the triggermatrix and the global mode, it might be necessary to send several parameter-changes to one/several NRPN-parameters with – for example – the push of a single button.

Like this:

controller number->value
      98->whatever
      99->whatever
      38->whatever
      6->whatever

[b:exjdy762]and then[/b:exjdy762]

98->whatever
      99->whatever
      38->desired global mode
      6->desired global mode

He’ll try to dig out the required rozzbox-programming-information within the next week(s), so I might be able to explain things a bit better and ask more specific. Anyway, could you already give me just a short statement on the possibilities concerning this "multi-editing" of NRPN-parameters? Would be super-awesome if I could give Kilian a few infos in advance!

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

This sequence of messages is a NRPN message wich is implemented already and works, just choose the MIDI Type as MULTI and insert the NRPN template in the edit box and set the controller number to whatever you want.

ooze
        Participant
          • Topics: 8
          • Replies: 18
          • Total: 26
          "atom":2ociswtm wrote:
          This sequence of messages is a NRPN message wich is implemented already and works, just choose the MIDI Type as MULTI and insert the NRPN template in the edit box and set the controller number to whatever you want.[/quote:2ociswtm]

Lol sorry, that’s not what I meant. I know how to adress one single NRPN-parameter, that’s how I built the rozzbox-editor (so what I mean with "NRPN-parameter" is already a pack of four CCs: 99, 98, 38, 6).

Kilian asked me if it’s possible to launch [b:2ociswtm]SEVERAL[/b:2ociswtm] NRPN-parameter-commands with only one control element (a push button for example). And this is the example he gave to me:

controller number->value
          98->whatever
          99->whatever
          38->whatever
          6->whatever

and then[/size:2ociswtm] (still triggered by the [b:2ociswtm]same push[/b:2ociswtm] of the button)

98->whatever
          99->whatever
          38->desired global mode
          6->desired global mode

And me finks he must have meant to adress 2 different NRPN-parameters, because if it’s the same NRPN-parameter both times, then you’d just eleminate the first command with the second (= no point). My guess is that there might be a way to "link" controllers (like sliders/buttons/knobs) to achieve this. I hope this makes kinda sense to you…

atom
          Keymaster
            • Topics: 159
            • Replies: 2945
            • Total: 3104
            • ★★★★★

This can be done 3 ways i think
            – create a custom multi message (those 3 templates there are only template you can add multiple midi messages to a multi message)
            – write a simple LUA script that will send the desired sequence of messages
            – link to modulators together (it’s a special modulator property) and triggering one button/slider will automagicly trigger the second one (you can create a chain of linked modulators, just don’t do a feedback look or it will end badly)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
          There is currently 0 users and 101 guests online
          No users are currently active
          Forum Statistics
          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
          Ctrlr