SetModulatorValue and other commands

Home Forums General Programming SetModulatorValue and other commands

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sparkytupp
    Participant
      • Topics: 4
      • Replies: 9
      • Total: 13

Hi

I’ve been wanting to start programming ctrlr to make my own panels, and would like to know if there is a reference source that tells me how to use the ctrlr specific commands/methods e.g

setModulatorValue
      getModulatorByName

specificially the boolean options that can occur later

Thanks

Mark

dnaldoog
      Participant
        • Replies: 480
        • Total: 484
        • ★★

https://github.com/RomanKubiak/ctrlr/blob/de28dc3ad3591a5832f1e38ce8adabc9369b1011/Source/Lua/CtrlrLuaModulator.cpp

but it’s a difficult read!

There is a manual written by Goodweather.

• panel:getModulatorByName(“my_vco”):getModulatorValue() will get the value of a modulator
        • panel:getModulatorByName(“my_vco”):setModulatorValue(value,false,true,false) (I think) will set the value of a modulator and run any callback function attached.
        • panel:getModulatorByName(“my_vco”):setModulatorValue(value,false,false,false) shouldn’t fire the callback function attached.
          *But I found setModulatorValue() to be less reliable than:
        • panel:getModulatorByName(“my_vco”):getComponent():setValue(value,false) shouldn’t fire the callback function.
        • panel:getModulatorByName(“my_vco”):getComponent():setValue(value,false) should fire the callback function.
        • There is also panel:getModulatorByName(“my_vco”):getValueMapped()
          which will return non sequential values in say a combo box or uiFixedSlider, so if you had in a comboBox:
          LFO=0
          VCO=5
          VCF=17
          if user selected VCF, getValueMapped would return 17 – getValue will return 2

Also read the excellent post here https://ctrlr.org/forums/topic/setvalue-or-setmodulatorvalue/ by Possemo.

Regards.

sparkytupp
        Participant
          • Replies: 9
          • Total: 13

That’s fantastic, thanks a lot. I’m an electronic engineer by trade, so I have read through many specifications and have had many difficult reads so should be OK 🙂

Thanks

Mark

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • The forum ‘Programming’ is closed to new topics and replies.
        There is currently 0 users and 87 guests online
        No users are currently active
        Forum Statistics
        Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
        Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
        Ctrlr